- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Visit New Orleans' oldest, most active, and most haunted cemetery! There are over 100,000+ dead! This walking tour of St. Louis Cemetery #1 is led by a local guide and has a duration of 2 hours.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Led by a local guide
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Water, coffee, and beverages (available for purchase)
701 Royal St
425 Basin St, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
St. Louis Cemetery #1 houses the tombs of many notable historic figures, most notably that of the esteemed Voodoo Priestess Marie Laveau. Her tomb is the 2nd most visited gravesite in the USA, behind only Elvis’! Bring your camera to capture the picturesque decay, and if you’re lucky, some paranormal activity.
Collect your prayers and wishes. This is the ONLY cemetery tour that performs a unique group ritual/blessing at the tomb of Marie Laveau. Along the way, you'll make a brief stop at Congo Square to hear some of the rich VOODOO history, and then, you'll visit one of the cities' first mortuaries!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wear comfortable shoes and be sure to visit a restroom prior to your arrival at Rouse's Market. There will be a 10-minute break with restrooms approximately one hour into the tour
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Randy did an amazing job with the tour. He did a great job talking about the history of New Orleans.
Out tour guide Brian makes this whole tour worth it!! He was funny funny, knowledgeable and engaging. I wish I could have had booked more tours with him.
Brian was awesome! He not only gave a history of the cemetary, but also included New Orleans in general, plus lots of laughs!
Fantastic!!!! Brian is the best tour guide I've ever had!! He was funny, informative and kept things so interesting. The cemetery was everything I expected and more!! Highly recommend this tour, see if you can request Brian as your guide.
This tour was awesome! Our tour guide, Bryan was the best. He really made the tour interesting. I would recommend this tour.