- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This classic Santa Fe food and drink adventure is focused on Santa Fe's downtown Plaza neighborhood. You will explore Santa Fe by foot while sampling the best in local food and wine. You will have a chance to sample classic New Mexican flavors, as well as get a taste of what’s new and exciting in Santa Fe’s food scene. Along the way, you’ll learn about the city’s long and fascinating history, with an emphasis on how Native, Hispanic, and Anglo cultures shaped – and were shaped by – the region’s unique (and delicious!) food culture.
This tour is designed with adventurous eaters in mind. Some food in New Mexico can be spicy, and while we can accommodate food allergies we are unable to provide "non-spicy" alternatives.
This tour includes a variety of restaurants, and is NOT focused exclusively on New Mexican food. We bring you the best of Santa Fe, which includes a diverse array of cuisines.
- Fun and knowledgeable local guide
- Four food tastings (two of these include drink pairings)
- One wine tasting (non-alcoholic substitute available with advance notice)
- Wander New Mexico's Pocket Guide to Santa Fe (a handy map of the area with recommendations)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Guide gratuity
62 Lincoln Ave, Santa Fe, NM 87501, USA
Returns to original departure point
Saturday (starting from January 21st)
Meet at 1pm in front of First National Santa Fe Bank on the Plaza. Over the course of the tour, you'll walk approximately a mile and a half while visiting two sit-down restaurants, a winery tasting room, and one additional food or drink establishment.
This is a walking tour. YOU MUST BE IN GOOD WALKING CONDITION AND ABLE TO WALK 1.5 MILES TO FULLY ENJOY THIS TOUR.
What brings this tour to life is the stories behind the restaurants you'll get a chance to visit. You'll learn about how New Mexican food was shaped over centuries by a mixing of different culinary traditions. You will visit both Santa Fe's most traditional "must eat at" Mexican/New Mexican restaurants as well as some of the newest, currently "trending" restaurants.
A few favorite stops on this tour are listed below. Please note we visit four of these per tour (not all).
• Cheesemongers of Santa Fe
• Coyote Cafe
• Gruet Winery Tasting Room
• Noisy Water Winery
• La Lecheria New Mexico Craft Ice Cream
• El Callejon
• Del Charro Saloon
Historical and cultural sights you will see are listed below. Please note that we do not visit or go inside any of these sites, but rather they are seen from the exterior and discussed during the historical portion of the tour.
• Cathedral Basilica of Saint Francis
• Loretto Chapel
• Santa Fe Plaza
• Palace of the Governors
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a walking tour. Moderate amount of walking required -- tour is 1.5 miles (2.4 km) long, but spread out between the four stops. YOU MUST BE IN GOOD WALKING CONDITION TO ENJOY THIS TOUR
- Wear comfortable walking shoes
- It is recommended that you eat a large, late breakfast the day of the tour; Expect enough food to replace lunch, but also keep in mind the first tasting stop begins at about 1:30pm
- Must be 21 to consume alcohol
- Locations visited are subject to change
- Child policy: if you are bringing children under the age of seven they do not require tickets. The walking route for all tours is stroller accessible. However, please bear in mind there is good deal of walking and listening involved, and some younger children may lose interest. While our tours are experience based and highly engaging, the content is not specifically geared towards children. At this time we are also unable to offer "kids menu" food items
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please advise if non-alcoholic drinks are requested at the time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.