- 1 hour (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Get a unique behind-the-scenes look at the makings of Mardi Gras with this all-access tour of Mardi Gras World in New Orleans. Perfect for the whole family, this guided tour shows you where the magnificent floats for the famous Mardi Gras parades are made. Witness the hard work and artistic skill that goes into every float, and learn about the history of the festive Mardi Gras tradition from your guide. Try on Mardi Gras costumes, pose with props, and enjoy a slice of famous King Cake after your tour!
- All entrance fees included
- Fully narrated tour
- Family friendly
- Guided walking tour
- Slice of King Cake
- Shuttle pickup and drop-off from select downtown New Orleans locations
- Entry/Admission - Blaine Kern's Mardi Gras World
1380 Port of New Orleans Pl, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
9:30am - 3:30pm
Tours occur every half hour.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Blaine Kern's Mardi Gras World, 1380 Port of New Orleans Pl, New Orleans, LA 70130-1805
Hop on the complimentary shuttle from any of its 20 convenient downtown New Orleans locations. When you arrive at Mardi Gras World, located on the beautiful riverfront, you’ll be greeted by your friendly, knowledgeable guide for a 1-hour behind-the-scenes tour of this famous facility.
Explore the warehouses where artisans create spectacular Mardi Gras floats that are used in more than 40 parades each year. Admire the intricate designs and vibrant colors of these interesting, one-of-a-kind creations as your guide explains their meanings. Wandering through these magical studio spaces, you’ll see firsthand the skillful craftsmanship that goes into every float, giving you unique insight into the hard work, creativity and extensive planning that goes into such a grand celebration.
Your guide will teach you about the history of this unique and festive tradition that goes beyond its modern-day reputation of wild celebration antics.
Snap photos in front of the floats, pose with props, and try on Mardi Gras costumes with your friends and family. Top your experience off with a piece of King Cake, a delicious Mardi Gras tradition!
Free French Quarter Shuttle Stops
1. Cafe Du Monde, 800 Decatur St.
2. Bourbon Orleans Hotel, 717 Orleans St.
3. Dauphine Orleans Hotel, 415 Dauphine St.
4. Hotel Le Marais, 717 Conti St.
5. Hotel Mazarin, 730 Bienville St.
6. Basin St. Station, 501 Basin St.
Free Downtown Shuttle Route
1. Mardi Gras World Shuttle Stop
2. Marriott on Canal St.
3. Astor Crowne Plaza
4. Ritz-Carlton Maison Orleans
5. Roosevelt New Orleans
6. Le Pavillon Hotel
7. Drury Inn & Suites
8. Whitney Wyndham
9. Staybridge Suites
10. Loews New Orleans
11. Harrah's Hotel
12. Hilton New Orleans Riverside
13. Omni Riverfront Hotel
14. Marriott Convention Center
15. Hampton Inn & Suites
16. Hyatt Place
17. Mardi Gras World
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Tour does not operate on Mardi Gras Day, Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day and Easter
- Completed floats may not be along the tour route the week leading up to Fat Tuesday
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.