- 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Discover the beauty and charm of La Jolla and the San Diego coastline on this 2.5-hour bike tour. Suitable for most biking abilities (some experience is recommended), the tour takes you from the top of Mt Soledad with its panoramic views down to the cliffs of La Jolla and the surf breaks of Pacific Beach. See La Jolla’s local seals and tide pools, enter one of the sea caves and learn about the marine life and protected shoreline from a local naturalist guide.
- Use of Bianchi hybrid bike
- Helmet rental
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
2222 Avenida De La Playa, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Returns to original departure point
Meet your guide at the local bike tour office in La Jolla, where you’ll be fitted for a Bianchi hybrid bike. Then hop in the tour vehicle for the short drive to your starting point at the top of Mt Soledad, the highest coastal peak in the San Diego area.
Admire the 360-degree view of the city and coastline, and then strap on your provided helmet and take off, zooming down the mountain as fast (or as slow) as you want. Ride about 3.5 miles (5.5 km) toward the ocean, soaking up La Jolla’s quaint atmosphere and picturesque scenery.
When you get to the coast, stop at La Jolla sea caves, where you can hop off your bike and enter the only cave accessible by land, Sunny Jim’s, reached by a tunnel known as the Cave Store. Then head to the Children’s Pool and seal beach to check out the town’s famous harbor seals. Enjoy a stunning photo op from the 100-foot (30-meter) bluffs overlooking La Jolla Cove and Ecological Reserve, and take a look at the marine life in the tide pools.
Continue your bike tour by pedaling south to San Diego’s popular surf breaks at Pacific Beach and Mission Beach. Then head back to your starting point via quiet back roads, soaking up the laid-back ambience of San Diego’s beach communities.
Total biking distance is approximately 10 miles (16 km); the pace is not strenuous and the terrain is mostly downhill or flat, but you will pedal over a few short hills (you can get off and walk if needed).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- PLEASE ARRIVE IN KAYAK SHOP 1 HOUR BEFORE TOUR START TIME
- This tour must be booked at least 72 hours in advance of your travel date
- It is recommended that you wear closed-toe shoes (sandals and flip-flops are discouraged), sunscreen, comfortable clothing, and a jacket, windbreaker or sweatshirt as required
- Free parking is available on the side streets; the spots marked '2-Hour Parking' are not recommended as the total tour time is 2.5 hours
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Confirmation for this product will be received at time of booking
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.