- 120 to 150 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art attracts nearly as many visitors as other leading galleries like the Louvre or the British Museum. On this 2 to 2.5 hour private guided museum tour, you’ll be able to skip the line and explore it’s most famous pieces with the help of an engaging guide who will lead the way. Evening tours are available on Friday and Saturday, for a more intimate experience.
- All entrance fees included
- Fully narrated tour
- Instant Confirmation
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Skip-the-Line Private Museum Tour
- Professional Tour Guide Exclusively For You
- Duration 2 - 2.5 Hours
- Wheelchair Friendly
- All Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1000 5th Ave, New York, NY 10028, USA
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1000 5th Ave, New York City, NY 10028-0198
Its roughly 2 million works of art and artifacts cover everything from Ancient Egypt to modern art. From the Great Hall, you’ll visit the museum’s most important galleries. Pass through the Medieval Europe Gallery on your way to the Studiolo from the Ducal Palace. Explore armory form the Middle Ages, including pieces worn by Henry VIII. The American wing hosts the staircase from the Chicago Stock Exchange as well as the famed portrait of Washington crossing the Delaware. A host of European painters including Vermeer, Picasso, and Van Gogh await you as you learn about their troubled yet exciting lives. All the while, your guide will explain how this iconic American museum differs from its older European counterparts, especially since it began before the United States was even 100 years old!
Highlights generally include (if artwork is not on loan or being restored):
Henry VIII armor, Tiffany Autumn landscape, Chicago Stock Exchange Stairs, Madame X, Pop culture then and now, Hudson River School, Washington Crossing the Delaware, Jan Vermeer, Madonna with Child, Picasso, Seurat, Van Gogh, and more!
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Babylon Tours New York City, New York City, NY 10022
The yellow taxis, the soaring skyscrapers, the street-side hot dog vendors – you think you know New York City already, right? We’re not so sure. Our English-speaking local guides know the city inside out and can share the stories behind the landmarks that you’ve seen on TV already. Whether it’s a historical overview of the colonial days in Lower Manhattan or a cultural romp through the 19th century marvel, Central Park, our tours go beyond the clichés. We’ll delight you with fun yet informative stories to make New York come alive. Take a bite out of the Big Apple with Babylon Tours and see how good it tastes.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Notes: The Met museum may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
The tour guide James wasn’t good. He didn’t visit w us about the areas we cared to see. Instead spent more time in areas we didn’t prefer. Too many anecdotal stories about an artist or piece but very very little about it the art itself. It appeared he wasn’t very knowledgeable about the art itself. Many times simply reading from the iPad notes.
My guide, Mark Vengalia was passionate and really brought the art alive through his extensive knowledge and interesting stories. He made every effort to make sure I saw everything that I wanted to and got the most out of the experience. Highly recommend to all levels of visitors!
Our guide was wonderful. She made it so easy to navigate this very large museum and was so informative. This is a truly beautiful museum of art and thoroughly enjoyed itj.