- 2 hours 15 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Explore Pike Place Market, Seattle’s top attraction, in a way that most locals haven’t even experienced — with an early-access tasting tour. Discover the market’s many delights as you visit eight different food and beverage vendors for 12+ tastings of fruit, salmon, pastries, coffee, international fare, and more. You can interact with merchants before the crowds arrive, and you’ll have a knowledgeable guide to expertly lead you around, entertaining you with stories about the market's history and culture. Explore the greatest hits and hidden gems of the Pike Place market during this experience. This Viator Exclusive is available nowhere else and is limited to 12 people, ensuring you enjoy a small-group experience.
- Professional guide
- Food and beverage tastings
- Savor Seattle VIP discount card valid for 10-15% off all partner locations
- Entry/Admission - Pike Place Market
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
indi chocolate, 1901 Western Ave D, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Returns to original departure point
Varies, see availability calendar
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pike Place Market, 97 Pike St Between Pike and Pine Sts. and First Ave, Seattle, WA 98101
Your behind-the-scenes tour begins inside Indi Chocolate, where you’ll meet your local guide, a Pike Place aficionado who will regale you with fun facts and stories about the market’s history as you enjoy your 2-hour tour. Come hungry, as tastings are plentiful and add up to a full meal!
Spend a few minutes getting to know your guide and fellow guests inside Pike Place Markets only "bean to bar" chocolate maker. Then head over to Honest Biscuits to begin your tasting journey as you enjoy fresh Carolina biscuits and local coffee while your tour guide to uncovers the century long history the market. Learn about how Seattle became a caffeine mecca and how small local artisans get their start in Pike Place Market . Continue your tour around the market, stopping at a total of eight different vendors to enjoy at least 12+ tastings, from Seattle mainstays like smoked salmon and cheddar biscuits to creative bites like Turkish beef flatbread and wild salmon burgers.
Because your exclusive tour takes place right as the market opens, you’ll avoid the crowds typically found later in the day, offering the chance to chat with vendors and merchants before they get busy. You may even get a chance to go behind the counter at the fish market to toss a fish through the air, just like the market’s famous fishmongers.
When your tour ends, continue exploring the market on your own, using your included VIP savings card to shop for tasty souvenirs and gifts to take home.
Duration: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking if required
- Please note: Food allergies and diets such as gluten-free or dairy-free cannot be accommodated on this tour
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress appropriately for the weather; tours operate rain or shine
- Please bring a filled reusable water bottle for the tour, as you will be walking and eating for 2 hours. If you are unable to do so, water will be available for purchase at the starting location of the tour. Please arrive early to provide enough time to purchase water should you chose to do so
- Not wheelchair or stroller accessible
- Tastings add up to a full meal; most people do not need lunch after the tour
- Stops are subject to change without notice
- Tours may be cancelled due to low booking numbers
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.