- 9 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy an amazing journey of a lifetime to “Heavenly” Hana Town! This all-day tour will take you full-circle around the beautiful windward region of the “Magic Isle,” showing you some of the most diverse & scenic landscapes found on any of the Hawaiian Islands. As you travel along on this 68-mile trip, your experienced driver & friendly guide will give a captivating narration of the island’s secrets all along the way. Weaving through the lush tropical rainforest, there are more than 600 curves & 59 one-lane bridges on the Road to Hana with stunning vistas, cascading waterfalls, and scenic coastal scenery galore! It’s more about the journey rather than the destination on the Road to Hana, so sit back, relax and enjoy the view from our comfortable air-conditioned mini coaches.
- Excellent value for money
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Likely to Sell Out
- Editor's Pick
- Instant Confirmation
- Breakfast - Continental breakfast
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned mini-bus
Hotel Pick-Up. Guests must ensure that the tour company has their hotel information 24 hours prior to the scheduled tour.
7am – 8:15am
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Take the journey of a lifetime to “Heavenly” Hana Town! This all-day tour will take you full-circle around the beautiful windward region of the “Magic Isle,” showing you some of the most diverse & scenic landscapes found on any of the Hawaiian Islands. As you travel along on this 68-mile trip, your experienced driver & friendly guide will give a captivating narration of the island’s secrets all along the way. Weaving through the lush tropical rainforest, there are more than 600 curves & 59 one-lane bridges on the Road to Hana with stunning vistas, cascading waterfalls, and scenic coastal scenery galore! It’s more about the journey rather than the destination on the Road to Hana, so sit back, relax and enjoy the view from our comfortable air-conditioned mini coaches.
• Kaumahina State Wayside Park* Scenic views of Maui’s rugged & windward coastline of lush tropical rainforest.
• Pua`a Ka`a Wayside State Park Verdant tropical rainforest with breathtaking waterfalls and glistening pools.
• Keanae Lookout* Get one of the most famed views of the Road to Hana from the rocky black lava coastline which is home to Hawaiian taro fields and a great place to enjoy local treats like Banana Bread.
• Wailua Falls Get great photos of the Road to Hana’s most impressive waterfall!
• Wai`anapanapa State Park* Means “Glistening Fresh Water” in Hawaiian, this pristine black sand beach has lush tropical foliage, fresh water streams, caverns with sparkling pools, and great photo opportunities.
• “Heavenly” Hana Town Maui’s charming and rustic town which is home to the island’s largest Heiau (Hawaiian temple), exotic flowers, rich history, a famous general store and more.
• Palikea Stream The largest perennial stream on Maui.
• Waikani Falls Known as “3 Bears Falls” with three parallel waterfalls dropping from as high as 1000 feet!
• Charles Lindbergh’s Grave* Burial ground of prominent aviator, inventor, explorer, author, and activist Charles Lindbergh. In 1927, Lindbergh became the first person to make a non-stop solo flight across the Atlantic Ocean.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- 48-hour notice required when requesting vegetarian and gluten free meal
- VEGETARIAN Menu: Veggie Sandwich - Local Organic Mixed Greens, English Cucumbers, Haiku tomatoes, Swiss Cheese, Miso Vinaigrette on a local Artisan Roll
- GLUTEN-FREE Menu: Fresh Garden Salad
- ADA ACCESSIBLE:
- Due to limited availability, we require that ADA vehicle reservations be made a minimum of 48 hours prior to date and time of service. We will make all reasonable attempts to accommodate the needs of the disabled traveler
- For electric wheelchairs or scooters: The combined weight of the wheelchair and guest cannot exceed 500 lbs, the maximum width of the wheelchair cannot exceed 29 inches.
- Breakfast and Lunch is provided
- All tours connect at Maui Marketplace or other point of convergence
- Wear comfortable walking shoes. A light sweater or jacket is recommended
- Guests must sign a waiver acknowledging risks associated with waterfall swims
- The Road to Hana has stretches with uneven surfaces which at times may produce a rough ride
- Locations/Routes may be modified due to National Park and State Park advisories.
- BREAKFAST SERVICE: Breakfast Bento - Scrambled Eggs, Crispy Bacon and Hapa Rice or Vegetarian Breakfast Bento - Scambled Eggs, Sliced Tomato and Hapa Rice
- LUNCH SERVICE: Eaten at Waianapanapa State Park or Hana Bay Pavilion at approx. 12:30PM.
- Tour features a picnic lunch which includes: Choice of Ham Sandwich, Turkey, Sandwich, or Roast Beef Sandwich with chips, cookie, and water or orange juice
- VEGETARIAN OPTION: Fresh Garden Veggie Wrap with same included sides
- GLUTEN FREE OPTION: Fresh Garden Salad
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Great tour and our guide Patricia was so knowledgeable. We learned so much. Highly recommend this company.
I highly recommend doing this tour with a tour guide. They know so much of the history and you both are able to enjoy all the breath-taking views! We really loved the banana bread along the way but most of all was the black sand beach and the exceptional views. We toured with Roberts Hawaii and our tour guide was Bjourn! The tour was great and Bjourn was so knowledgeable, friendly and took amazing care of us! Highly recommend this company and tour!
Great tour. I stayed in a studio condo on Napili Bay and the tour company picked me up there. Our tour guide, Georg, was very knowledgeable and educated us about the area while driving our van very well on a challenging road. Beautiful scenery, many stops to check it out and for bathroom breaks.
Our driver Bjorn was THE BEST! He was smart, funny, and SAFE!No need to drive yourself..you will enjoy the scenery and history with Bjorn.
We were so thankful that we did a tour vs. trying to drive this ourselves! Our guide Ty was terrific - very knowledgeable about everything. We were lucky that it was a slow traffic day so no traffic jams at bridges. We were able to stop roadside for pics and stopped at several parks - one for boxed lunch. There really were no choices except vegetarian and turkey but was fine.
Only downside was the pick-up at Kapalua. We called the day before to verify the exact spot to be picked up and had a long discussion about the Villas ours was the Bay Villas but he kept saying just the villas - there are many at Kapalua. Then were told they would pick us up at the main entrance road which was silly as there is nothing there - no place to even park a car. So said we would be on the main road where the Spa is and seemed to be ok. We waited for over an hour and finally after a few calls had to be picked up by a special van to be taken to the meeting area by the airport/harbor.
However, our pick-up experience should in no way deter you from this tour - we loved it!
Decided to simply be a passenger on the Road to Hana. I was not disappointed. Bjorn was my guide and was part of a small - 11 person tour. Was a highlight of my week long stay on Maui. Easy pick up at my condo with a return to same place. We needed the full 12 hours to be able to see the amazing views on the road. Bjorn was both knowledgeable and entertaining as well. I would highly recommend both the tour and Bjorn to anyone thinking of letting someone else drive as you see the Road to Hana.
This trip was recommended by almost everyone we talked to. The scenery was awesome, breathtaking and the best part of the tour. Our guide ,Jarad, not so much. Not to throw him under the bus Ha! he did tell us twice that he was filling in for someone else, this wasn't his regular gig. He gave us a fair amount of info on the way to Hana, but other reviews talked of how their hosts made the trip better for them. Jarad did almost no talking after the last rest stop,almost 2 hours. He repeated a lot of the same stuff. Also the trip info said their would be swimming, weather permitting. The weather was fine, but swimming was closed due to falling rocks. There were other places we stopped that we saw people swimming, but that was not offered to us. The food was so so. I do not eat donughnuts and need decaf coffee. I knew it was continental, but not how limited that would be, had I known we could have eaten our free resort breakfast.
Going on this trip is WELL worth it! The tour guide name was Bernard, a sweetheart. He was very knowledgeable about the area, knew what was coming up, what plants name were, where it came from, how to use them and so on. I was comfortable with this guy, he even knew great eating spots!
This was a once in a lifetime experience you do not want to miss. The road is one you will never forget. Bjorn was our Tour Guide for the day and what a fantastic one he was. We saw some amazing sights and Bjorn gave us all the info and history on this beautiful part of Maui, with his awesome personality and special touches.
You even get to drive past Oprah Winfrey's Ranch which looks amazing.
If you want an experience u will not forget, the Heavenly Hana Tour is the one to do.
As others have said as well, the tour did not even stop at the large falls, let alone allow swimming. Several sites on the tour were driven past without stopping, lessening the value of the overall tour. Sections of the road are very bumpy as well. Some time to stroll thru Hana would have been nice. Only 1 stop at Hana, by the pier. Lunches are not properly stored, pasta salad was warm, unable to eat it. Sorry to be so negative, but pick a different tour.
This is the way to do the road to Hana trip. Let someone else do the driving! Our guide, Bjorn, was terrific! He was very knowledgeable and fun to listen to. If you are into waterfalls and natural beauty, this is the trip for visitors to Maul.
Die Maui Heavenly Hana Tour war ihr Geld wert. Jeder Programmpunkt, genau wie ausgeschrieben war immer für einen Stopp gut.
Unser guide Björn E. hatte wohl einen seiner besten Tage und wir waren immer voll Ohr dabei. Man wußte ja schon im voraus wie die 68-Meilen sein werden und es machte Spaß, all die Autos hinter uns zu sehen. Wirklich enge Straßen und viele Wasserfälle zu sehen. Auch bei Banana Bread Aunty Sandy's legten wir einen Stopp ein.
Viele Fotografier-Möglichkeiten Nur zu Empfehlen.
WOW...SO MUCH HISTORY AND SUCH BEAUTIFUL SCENERIES!! OUR TOUR GUIDE, TAI, WAS AWESOME!!
The tour was good but wasn't exactly what we were expecting as the description in Viator included swimming under waterfalls, weather permitting. Our tour guide advised this was not part of the tour which was disappointing as that was the main highlight for me.