- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
See the Texas you've always heard about. Explore the scenic backroads of the Texas Hill Country and learn about Texas cowboys and the Great Texas Cattle Drives. Visit the Lyndon B. Johnson State Park & Historic Site and take a guided tour of the "Texas White House"** with a National Park Service tour guide. Pass by award-winning wineries & orchards, before visiting Fredericksburg, a historic & picturesque German town. You will have time on your own to shop (optional), have lunch at an authentic German restaurant & biergarten (optional), or visit one of the many wine tasting rooms (optional). The time in Fredericksburg is on your own, so you can spend this part of the tour as you please. Finally, take in the music & magic of Luckenbach, where "everybody is somebody!"
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Choice of seating available
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off at downtown hotels starting at 8:30 AM
- Entry/Admission - Lyndon B. Johnson State Park & Historic Site
- Entry/Admission - Texas White House
- Food, drinks, and wine tasting fees (available to purchase)
- Admission to the Nimitz Museum & the National Museum of the Pacific War (WWII Veterans: Free; Adults: $14; Seniors 65 : $12; Military w/ID (active or retired): $10;Children 6 & Students w/ID: $7; Children 5 & under: Free) (optional)
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from downtown area hotels starting 15 - 30 mins prior to the start of the tour- you must confirm your reservation at least 48 hours prior to tour departure.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Alamo Plaza or selected downtown hotels,
Daily 9:00am - 5:00pm
Travel along the beautiful, scenic backroads of the Texas Hill Country, with a brief stop at the Johnson City Visitor Center and boyhood home of LBJ. Only a short distance away is the town of Stonewall, the peach capital of Texas and home to the Lyndon B. Johnson State Park and Historic Site. Enjoy a tour of the LBJ Ranch, located along the picturesque Pedernales River.
During your tour, you will discover how the German migration of the 1840s and 1850s influenced the development of this picturesque area. You will hear about the role of the Texas cowboy and the great cattle drives from South Texas to mid-western markets, and you'll learn about the legacies of both LBJ—America’s 36th President—and Lady Bird, his beloved wife.
We will stop for a break in Johnson City at the National Park Services’ Visitor Center and Boyhood Home of President LBJ.
After our brief stop in Johnson City, we will head west to tour the beautiful LBJ Ranch and Texas White House on the Pedernales River.
After the LBJ Ranch, we will head further west and discuss the development of the Texas wine industry as we drive through Texas vineyards on our way to the old German town of Fredericksburg, where you will have 1 to 2 hours of time on your own. If you prefer, you can shop and eat lunch at an authentic German biergarten or visit one of the many wine tasting roooms. You can visit the Nimitz Museum & National Museum of the Pacific War. This Fredericksburg part of the tour is flexible, so you can do whatever pleases you!
From Fredericksburg we will drive past more vineyards on our way to legendary Luckenbach, Texas—where "everybody’s somebody." We will stop and take in the storied musical history of the colorful town of Luckenbach, made world-famous by Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, Jerry Jeff Walker, Gary P Nunn, Hondo Crouch, and many more artists and colorful characters.
After Luckenbach, we will take a scenic route through the Texas Hill Country, through Sisterdale and its Sister Creek Winery, through another quaint German town of Boerne, and then on back to San Antonio.
**Important Note: Starting August 3, 2018 and until further notice, guided tours of the interior of the “Texas Whitehouse” are cancelled per the National Park Service due to needed repairs. However, guests can still explore the LBJ Ranch grounds, view exhibition pieces and artifacts in the JetStar Hangar, watch an award-winning 14-minute film, and get a picture with LBJ’s infamous JetStar aka “Air Force One-Half”.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide - languages other than English available upon request for additional fee
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note the contact info you provide is what we will use to contact you, if needed. Should you wish to provide an alternative phone number or email to reach you at while traveling, please provide when booking or contact us at 800-341-6000
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.