- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
See the Texas you've always heard about. Explore the scenic backroads of the Texas Hill Country and learn about Texas cowboys and the Great Texas Cattle Drives. Visit the Lyndon B. Johnson State Park & Historic Site and take a guided tour of the "Texas White House"** with a National Park Service tour guide. Pass by award-winning wineries & orchards, before visiting Fredericksburg, a historic & picturesque German town. You will have time on your own to shop (optional), have lunch at an authentic German restaurant & biergarten (optional), or visit one of the many wine tasting rooms (optional). The time in Fredericksburg is on your own, so you can spend this part of the tour as you please. Finally, take in the music & magic of Luckenbach, where "everybody is somebody!"
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Choice of seating available
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off at downtown hotels starting at 8:30 AM
- Entry/Admission - Lyndon B. Johnson State Park & Historic Site
- Food, drinks, and wine tasting fees (available to purchase)
- Admission to the Nimitz Museum & the National Museum of the Pacific War (WWII Veterans: Free; Adults: $14; Seniors 65 : $12; Military w/ID (active or retired): $10;Children 6 & Students w/ID: $7; Children 5 & under: Free) (optional)
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from downtown area hotels starting 15 - 30 mins prior to the start of the tour- you must confirm your reservation at least 48 hours prior to tour departure.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Alamo Plaza or selected downtown hotels,
Daily 9:00am - 5:00pm
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Texas Hill Country, Highway 16, San Antonio, TX
Enjoy this scenic drive through the Texas Hill Country
Stop At: Texas White House, Route 290 West, Johnson City, TX
See the home of LBJ
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Lyndon B. Johnson State Park & Historic Site, 199 State Park Road 52, Stonewall, TX 78671
Explore the LBJ Ranch grounds, view exhibition pieces and artifacts in the JetStar Hangar, watch an award-winning 14-minute film, and get a picture with LBJ’s infamous JetStar aka “Air Force One-Half”
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Fredericksburg, Fredericksburg, Texas
This part of the tour is on your own. Shop or have lunch at a bier garten. Visit one of the many wine tasting rooms. Explore the home of Admiral Chester W. Nimitz.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Luckenbach, Luckenbach, Texas
Listen to live country. Shop the old general store. Have a Texas beer on the outdoor patio bar.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sister Creek Vineyards, 1142 Sisterdale Rd, Sisterdale, TX 78006-7113
Try some award-winning wine (optional).
Duration: 30 minutes
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide - languages other than English available upon request for additional fee
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note the contact info you provide is what we will use to contact you, if needed. Should you wish to provide an alternative phone number or email to reach you at while traveling, please provide when booking or contact us at 800-341-6000
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.