- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Get an inside look at the bloodiest hours of the American Civil War on this tour from Nashville to Franklin, the site of the famous Battle of Franklin in 1864. Learn from your knowledgeable guide about the war’s dark history as you visit the Carter House and Lotz House, which still bear bullet holes and blood stains. You’ll also tour the Carnton and learn about its role during and after the war, when it became the country's largest private Confederate cemetery.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Civil War & Plantation Tour from Nashville
- Round-Trip Transportation Aboard Air-Conditioned Shuttle
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Admission to Lotz House
- Admission to Carter House
- Admission to Carnton Plantation
- Free time to explore downtown Franklin or stop quickly for lunch
- Entry/Admission - Gray Line Tours
- Entry/Admission - Carter House
- Entry/Admission - Carnton
- Entry/Admission - Lotz House Museum
- Lunch (Lunch is on your own in downtown Franklin)
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Nashville hotels
Directions: Please be ready at your hotel lobby at least 30 minutes prior to departure time. Hotel Pickups commence prior to this time.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gray Line Tours, Nashville, TN 37201
You’ll be picked up from your Nashville hotel in the morning and taken by comfortable coach to Franklin, a nearby city that played a key role in the American Civil War.
Visit sites near where the Union and Confederate armies fought and hear stories from your knowledgeable guide about the Battle of Franklin, fought on November 30, 1864 and known by many as the five bloodiest hours of the Civil War.
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Carter House, 1140 Columbia Ave, Franklin, TN 37064-3617
Stop by the Carter House, located at the center of the Union position during the battle. The house and its outer buildings still show hundreds of bullet holes.
Stop At: Carnton, 1345 Eastern Flank Cir, Franklin, TN 37064-1438
Next, enjoy free time in the quaint town of Franklin to shop, eat (own expense) and view other historic sites. You will then journey to the Carnton Plantation, ordered to be a Confederate field hospital by a Southern General and then made an eternal memorial to the Confederate soldiers by the mistress of the house.
Now, the plantation is home to the largest private Confederate cemetery in the US. Tour the plantation with your guide and hear narrative descriptions about that fateful battle and the aftermath of the war. After your tour, you’ll be taken back to your Nashville hotel.
Stop At: Lotz House Museum, 1111 Columbia Ave, Franklin, TN 37064-3616
At the Lotz House, which became a hospital after the battle, see cannon ball holes and bloodstains on the floors and walls, which bear witness to the savage nature of this horrific conflict. After touring these houses, you will be able to imagine how the residents of Franklin felt when they emerged from their homes on the morning after the battle to find more than 9,500 casualties.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Lunch on your own in downtown Franklin.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.