- 210 to 240 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
The completely unique aspect of this tour is that the sights are arranged chronologically so you experience one sustained story the whole way. Instead of random facts and dates we will focus on recapturing the passions and recreating the drama. It's not only much more enjoyable - it's also the most effective way to both explore Boston and explain America.
Exclusive. In Depth. Wide Ranging. Fun. The entire experience has been built with the aspirations and anxieties of a fellow tourist in mind: the groups are kept small so you aren't herded around; we cover both the major sights and the hidden gems; extensive visual aids and props help you grasp the material, and you'll traverse all original neighborhoods getting a sense of the modern city as well. A fun and entertaining walk through the crooked streets of Boston that lets you walk away with a deep and lasting understanding of the twisting road to revolution and the mindset that made America.
- Sightseeing and storytelling guide of Boston: 15 year local resident with degrees in American History, Political Science, and Public Policy
- The famous sights of Boston, sequentially arranged, with insights from the most prestigious studies on each subject.
- Personal Map & Timeline
- Wireless Portable Audio - loiter away without missing a word.
- The original neighborhoods: Downtown / Financials District, Government Center, Boston Harbor, and the historic North End.
- Patriotic fluff.
- Pedantic lecturing.
- Huge Crowds
- Costumed Actors
- Gratuities. (optional)
1 City Hall Square, Boston, MA 02201, USA
Christopher Columbus Park Path, Boston, MA 02110, USA
This entirely original half-day walking tour provides a location by location and event by event retelling of the revolutionary story. Be prepared for a once-in-a-lifetime cultural adventure. You've heard of The Boston Massacre, Tea Party, The Battle of Bunker Hill, and The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere: now imagine if instead of checking them off your list, you could follow it all chronologically, include new insights, and recapture the energy that invented America
As a 15 year + local resident; holding degrees in History, Political Science, and Public Policy; with both good and bad experiences in (budget) travel, I'm uniquely positioned to combine local knowledge, academic expertise, and the ambitions of the curious traveler seeking a unique and comprehensive experience. It'll be equal parts humorous anecdotes, penetrating insights, and insider tips covering both a huge swath of the original city and the most formative event in American history. All through one sustained story covering the founding of Boston to the declaring of Independence.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
• Meet at City Hall Plaza. Personal maps and optional audio receiver will be distributed so you're free to loiter at sights, take photos, and wander around without missing any of the story. .
• Sights include (but are hardly limited to) 12 out of 15 of the official Freedom Trail Locations: Old Corner Book Store, Cobb's Hill, Old South Meeting House, King's Chapel, Granary Burying Ground, Old North Church, Paul Revere's House, Old City Hall, Old State House, and more! PLUS hidden paths and back alley's well off the beaten path.
• Break & Entry into Faneuil Hall*
• Discussions include: settling Boston, the personalities of the founding fathers, the Patriot cause, the British version of events, the cultural history of the North End, Paul Revere's Ride, Lexington & Concord, Battle of Bunker Hill, Boston Tea Party, Boston Massacre, and the formative effect of the Revolution on America's culture.
• Finish at Christopher Columbus Park: conveniently located between North End (food), Long Wharf (Ferry, Charlestown Shuttle), & Quincy Market (shopping)
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
• Walking shoes.
• Weather appropriate clothing
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Tour operates in all conditions. Please dress appropriately.
Not wheelchair accessible
Children are allowed but this is not a "kids" version of events.
*Faneuil Hall is normally free to enter, although most walking tours simply walk by it. Time permitting we will break to go inside, however, it is sometimes used for public functions and on occasion is not accessible.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour operates in all conditions. Please dress appropriately.
- Not wheelchair accessible. We will be covering a significant amount of ground and those with injuries or significant mobility limitations will likely find it difficult to complete.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. There is no hard age restriction but this is not a "kids" version of events. The narrative structure helps keep them engaged but the younger they are the more difficult it is to stay involved for the duration. However, every child is different and parents know their own best.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.