- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Explore Canyonlands National Park by 4-wheel drive (4WD) and go white-water rafting on a guided, full-day combo tour that ventures from the Island in the Sky district to the Colorado River. Start by driving off-road through the spectacular scenery of Island in the Sky and portions of the White Rim Road and Shafer Trail. After a buffet lunch, hit the Colorado River for a fun afternoon of rafting the rapids. This is a great trip for all ages with a taste of everything: deep canyons, ancient rock art, fossils, natural stone arches and the mighty river.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Family friendly
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Professional guide
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Ice water & lemonade
- All required rafting equipment
- Coast Guard approved life jackets, river bags and camera box to place your items in while rafting
- Soft drinks (you are welcome to bring your own)
Returns to original departure point
Daily; March - October
White Rim Road 4WD Tour (4 hours)Make your own way to central Moab to meet your guide then hop into a comfortable 4WD vehicle for an exhilarating morning drive through the Island in the Sky district of Canyonlands National Park.
Your guide expertly steers the 4WD over rugged terrain and hair-raising switchbacks to reach the White Rim Road, a 100-mile (160-km) loop located about 1,000 feet (300 meters) above the Colorado and Green Rivers and 1,000 feet below the mesa. Travel a portion of the White Rim Road and take in stunning views of Fossil Point and the scenic landscape, then connect to the Shafer Trail, which runs from the Colorado River all the way to the top of the mesa. Stop along the route to see rock art made by ancient Pueblo civilizations thousands of years ago.
Fisher Towers White-Water Rafting (4 hours)After you refuel with a riverside buffet lunch, switch from 4WD to white-water rafts to experience the majestic Colorado River up close. Before hitting the water, review river safety guidelines and get outfitted with a lifejacket and other river gear. Then step into a raft with an experienced river guide who steers your raft downriver.
Expect thrills and splashes during white-water sections with Class II and III rapids, followed by calm water sections where you can take photos of the incredible scenery and perhaps even swim. The Fisher Towers area features soaring canyon walls, giant rock spires and plenty of wildlife, giving the impression that you are in a remote wilderness even though Moab is nearby.
Throughout your full-day tour, your guides share the human and natural history of Canyonlands National Park and the Colorado River corridor. After a fantastic day of off-roading and rafting, you are returned to Moab where your tour ends.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking; minimum weight requirement is 50 lbs (23 kg)
- Inflatable kayaks are available upon request at no charge, please provide the request in the special requirements field at the time of booking
- Please note, prior to departure, all travelers will be required to sign a liability release
- It is recommended to bring: Sturdy footwear, quick dry clothing, spring or fall rain suit, swimsuit or fast drying shorts, sun screen, lip balm, hat and a camera (preferably waterproof)
- NAVTEC Expeditions is an authorized concessioner
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.