- 45 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Join us for a behind-the-scenes tour of the Old Charleston City Jail, which housed some of Charleston’s most infamous criminals, 19th-century pirates, and Civil War prisoners. The Old City Jail was in operation from 1802 until 1939, and most of the building’s original structures like the cells and warden’s quarters still remain intact.
- All entrance fees included
- All-inclusive tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional Guide
- Exploring creep jail cells & hallways
- Entry/Admission - Old City Jail
- Transportation to/from attractions
21 Magazine St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Returns to original departure point
The Haunted Jail Tour takes you through the cells, hallways, and into the places where Charleston’s worst criminals lived and died. Brace yourself as you hear stories like the legend of Lavinia and John Fisher, hotel owners from the 1800s who supposedly poisoned their guests. Featured on such shows as Ghost Adventures, the story goes that Lavinia’s ghost still, very audibly, haunts the premises.
This Haunted Jail Tour is quite possibly the scariest place you will ever go! Open often to the public for arts events, the jail even gives locals an eerie chill down the spine as soon as one steps foot into the space. Visitors go as far to say they’ve seen objects move or even disappear, while others hear voices, the slamming of doors, or chains as they’re allegedly dragged against the floor of the jail.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.