- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
This fascinating historical half-day trip from Boston takes you to the famous nearby Massachusetts cities of Cambridge, Lexington and Concord with a leap back in time during the American Revolution. Journey along the Battle Road Trail, follow the route Paul Revere took as he warned the countryside with his infamous cry of "the British are coming!" Visit Harvard Yard and Cambridge Common, where George Washington took control of the Continental Army. You’ll also stand on legendary Lexington Battle Green – the site of the infamous Battle of Lexington where 77 Minutemen stood their ground against 700 of England’s finest regulars– and pass the homes of Nathaniel Hawthorne, Ralph Waldo Emerson and visit the family home of Louisa May Alcott, "Orchard House". Your expert guide will teach you all about this area’s prominent role in the Revolutionary War and the Civil War while taking you to the cities’ most famous sights and off-the-beaten path locales.
- 5-Hour American History Tour from Boston
- Visit three of Boston's historic neighboring towns: Cambridge, Concord, and Lexington
- Round-Trip Transportation Aboard Air-Conditioned Coach Bus
- Hotel Pick-Up (select Boston hotels)
- Professional Driver/Guide
- Admission to "Orchard House", family home of Louisa May Alcott
- Follow the route of Paul Revere as he warned the countryside "the British are coming!"
- Travel past the homes of Hawthorne, Alcott and Emerson
- Admission fee to Minute Man National Park in Concord
- Entry/Admission - Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House
- Entry/Admission - Minute Man National Historical Park
- Hotel Drop-Off (tours will drop-off at Faneuil Hall Marketplace or Park Square)
1: 8 Park Plaza, Boston, MA 02116, USA
2: Massachusetts, USA
3: Cambridge, MA, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
For those not using a hotel pick up, please meet at the Gray Line Ticket Office/Transportation Bldg. located at Park Sq., l0 Park Plaza on the Charles St. South side., next to P.F. Chang’s. Please arrive no later than 8:45am.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
1: Faneuil Hall Marketplace, 4 S Market St, Boston, MA 02109, USA
2: 8 Park Plaza, Boston, MA 02116, USA
Thursday - Saturday
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Brush Hill Tours, 8 Park Plz, Boston, MA 02116-3952
Tour ends back at the Boston Office.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Lexington Green, Bedford St, Lexington, MA 02420-4403
Duration: 40 minutes
Pass By: Battle Road Trail, Concord, MA
Follow the trail of the American Revolutionaries
Stop At: North Bridge, 174 Liberty St Minuteman National Historical Park, Concord, MA 01742-1705
View the bridge where the first battle in the American Revolutionary war took place.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House, 399 Lexington Rd, Concord, MA 01742-3712
Guided tour of the Alcott family home.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Cambridge Common, Garden Street & Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge, MA 02138
16 acre park located in Harvard Square
Pass By: Charles River, Cambridge, MA
View the river that separates Cambridge from Boston bordered by the beautiful 17 mile stretch of land known as the Esplanade.
Pass By: Ralph Waldo Emerson House, 28 Cambridge Turnpike, Concord, MA 01742-3700
Home of famous American philosopher
Pass By: Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA 02138
View sites as you pass through Harvard Square; Harvard University
Pass By: Buckman Tavern, 1 Bedford St, Lexington, MA 02420-4339
Pass by without stopping
Pass By: Longfellow House Washington's Headquarters National Historic Site, 105 Brattle St, Cambridge, MA 02138-3407
Pass by without stopping
Pass By: Charles River Esplanade, Storrow Drive, Boston, MA 02114
River separating Boston and Cambridge
Pass By: Harvard Museum of Natural History, 26 Oxford St, Cambridge, MA 02138-2932
View sites as pass through Harvard Square; Harvard University
Stop At: Minute Man National Historical Park, 174 Liberty St, Concord, MA 01742-1705
The more than 900 acres of this national park run along the route of the battle of Lexington and Concord.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Starting October 1, 2019 a $5.00pp fee will be charged by the National Park Service for entry into the Minute Man National Park. Entry fee is included with the price of your tour.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.