- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Sail past the soaring Na Pali sea cliffs on this 7-hour snorkeling adventure, and discover the secrets of the "Forbidden Island" when cruising the waters off Ni'ihau. Voyage in style and comfort aboard Kauai’s fastest 65-foot (20m) power catamaran, and snorkel a remote, pristine reef that bursts with colorful fish. This amazing tour is offered daily, where you'll experience the beauty of 4,000-foot cliffs, sea caves, and cascading waterfalls, and enjoy a delicious on-board lunch as well as a continental breakfast.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- All-inclusive tour
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Family friendly
- Lehua Crater, Niihau’s North Shore, the Napali Coast, marine life, and more!
- Continental breakfast and buffet lunch
- Snorkel instruction and equipment
- Free beverages all day — with beer and wine served after we snorkel
- The chance to see humpback whales (in season)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Holo Holo Charters, 4353 Waialo Rd Suite 5A, Eleele, HI 96705, USA
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Holo Holo Charters, Eleele, Kauai, HI 96705
Meet your captain and crew in Port Allen at 6:30am, where you'll climb aboard a 65-foot (20-meter) catamaran for your Kauai snorkeling adventure.
Find a seat on the outdoor deck, or a shaded spot in the cabin, and kids will love the trampolines where you can stretch and relax by the bow.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Na Pali Coast, Kauai, HI
Enjoy continental breakfast as you cruise alongside the jagged Na Pali sea cliffs, which soar to heights of up to 4,000 feet (1,200 meters) from the cobalt ocean below. Here you'll cruise by remote beaches, hidden sea caves, and waterfalls, and learn the unique geology and history behind these rugged cliffs.
While comfortably relaxing out on the deck, keep an eye out for Spinner dolphins that leap up out of the water, and there's always the chance they could choose to swim along the bow of the boat. In the winter months from December-April, Humpback whales arrive from Alaska to mate and give birth in these waters, and are commonly spotted either breaching or splashing on the channel crossing toward Ni'ihau.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Niihau - The Forbidden Island, Kauai, HI
Known as Hawaii's "Forbidden Island," Ni'ihau is home to a handful of residents who live a traditional lifestyle, and while the island itself is closed to the public, its pristine reefs offer some of Hawaii's most vibrant and colorful snorkeling. Explore the ancient coral formations and abundance of tropical fish, and then refuel with drinks and a gourmet deli lunch before journeying back to Port Allen. Bring a light jacket and expect to get wet if you sit toward the front of the boat!
Duration: 3 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Passenger Policy
- No expectant mothers.
- Not recommended for individuals who have or have had back problems, recent injuries or surgeries, or suffer from severe motion sickness (no refunds are given for sea sickness). Seasickness is best prevented with an over the counter remedy.
- This is an adventure. Ocean conditions can vary and may turn rough at times. It may not be suitable for some folks (all physically challenged individuals are subject to Captain’s discretion).
- If you do not have your prescribed medication with you, i.e. Inhalers, EpiPens, diabetic medication and/or any other medications taken daily, you must reschedule your tour for another day.
- All tour routes and destinations are subject to change without notice. Ocean conditions can and will sometimes turn rough. Snorkeling depends on ocean conditions.
- Cancelled tours by Holo Holo Charters are fully refundable or gladly rescheduled.
- “No shows” or any cancellation of reservations with less than 24-hour notice prior to check-in time is subject to a 100% charge of the total fare including tax.
- Children must be at least 6 years old for snorkel tours, 5 years old for non-snorkel tours.
- Non-swimmers are not allowed in the water.
- All tours are “Bare-Foot”. Passengers will remove their shoes prior to boarding. Only Orthopedic/Diabetic exceptions will be made at Captain’s direction.
- You should bring your own towels, sunscreen, a light jacket, and camera. We will provide everything else.
- Spray-on/aerosol sunscreen is a safety hazard and may not be used on board the vessel. We encourage using reef-friendly sunscreens.
- No smoking of any kind on board the vessel or on the dock.
- We do not land on shore.
- Do not park at the harbor or pier. Please use Holo Holo parking lot only or your car will be towed.
- We are not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items.
- We reserve the right to refuse service.
- Drones/unmanned aircraft are not allowed on board the vessel.
- Our vessels are equipped with sensitive marine heads (toilets) that will clog if any foreign objects are flushed. If you flush something other than what your body produces and the toilet paper we provide, you may be responsible for the cost of repair.
- Alcohol will be served only after snorkeling. If passenger will be consuming alcoholic beverages an ID will be required on the vessel. No coolers allowed on board.
- Pacemaker and/or defibrillators are prohibited on all Napali coast tours departing from Port Allen.
- Full-face snorkel masks are not allowed, guests are required to use traditional two-piece snorkel and mask sets that are provided by us or they may bring their own.
- Certifications and Awards
- Best of Kauai 2017 – The Garden Island Newspaper People’s Choice Awards - 1st Place – Best Kauai Boat Tour
- Best of Kauai 2018 – Hawaii Magazine – Best Napali Tour Company, Best Guided Tour, Best Dinner Cruise, Best Sunset Sail, Best Extreme Tour
- Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence
- 2017 Viator 5-Star Travel Award
- Dolphin SMART
- Hawaii Ecotourism Association
- Surfrider Ocean Friendly Restaurant
- Safe Sunscreen Certified
If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Brilliant trip from start to finish.
Very friendly and knowledgeable crew. An amazing experience. Would recommend!
Really fun trip. The crew was great, very engaging and professional. They had the best snorkeling location of all the tours out of Port Allen.
Great experience! The snorkeling in Hawaii is not as great as it in St John. I think a lot of that has to do with the rough waters. Bring your own wet suit. We were here in April and really could have used one. The food was actually REALLY good and they had tons of it. It is definitely a must do. If you don't have the time to dedicate a day, Blue Helicopters is an amazing way to get it all in.
The tour was great despite the less than perfect weather! The company was very professional and informed us ahead of time about the weather concerns and offered rescheduling/reimbursement. We stuck to our booking and enjoyed a great cruise though with more waves than expected. The view of the Na Pali coast was very impressive and the snorkling was great they even had diving glasses with prescription!
What an amazing and see inspiring day! Our crew were so attentive and extremely friendly and knowledgeable of the marine life and history of the areas. We had the fortune of seeing melon headed whales, which is rare, as well as spinner dolphins and a friendly monk seal when we began our snorkel adventure. Of you have the time, highly recommend the trip to the forbidden island. The variety and amount of fish was incredible! I also recommend riding on the front of the catamaran of you don't mind getting drenched and enjoy an adventurous ride!! Would do this trip again!!
We chose this over a helicopter tour and we weren't disappointed. The captain and crew were amazing! Wendel, Nicole, Drew, and Jacob are super friendly and helpful. Quick to make sure we were comfortable, happy, and safe!. Full of great tips for places to see/places to eat/things to do from a local's perspective. We got a great view of the beautiful Na Pali coast with some great snorkeling to boot. The ride out to and from Ni'ihau was a lot of fun!
Tip - You're on the open ocean to and from Ni'ihau, so expect a bumpier ride. Sit on the front deck of the boat. You'll get wet, but A remember this is a snorkeling trip in warm/sunny Hawaii, B You're far less likely to get sea sick, C The view is better, and D Beer tastes better with a little salt spray .
This cruise was truly amazing. Had to get up early but the trip especially the view of the Na Pali Coast was worth it. Holo Holo Charters, Inc staff were wonderful. Highly recommended.
Very friendly and helpful crew. Very cool trip program. My girlfriend and I would definitely do it again.
This was truly a one of a kind experience! The scenery was amazing, the coast line was gorgeous, the staff was very knowledgeable about the area as well as the wild life, and also super friendly, good food and service, and all with a fun and enjoyable boat ride. The water was crystal clear and the captain really knew how to pick the best spot for snorkeling. We also got to se spinnner dolphins!
Great time, saw lots of whales, dolphins, and even a sea turtle. Tip, leave kids at the report, noticed most the kids were bored until snorkeling.
This was a great day trip. The 7-hour day trip starts out early (630 a.m. from Port Allen, near Hanepepe), but you begin with a continental breakfast, followed by beautiful views of Kaua'i as you head across the channel to Ni'ihau (The Forbidden Island). Once anchored off the coast, the snorkelling is excellent. There is a vast array of colourful fish, caves to swim into, and honu (sea turtles) gracefully gliding past as you snorkel. After snorkelling, a quick trip back across the channel takes you along the breathtaking NaPali coast. Drinks and lunch are provided before the return trip to Port Allen.
Captain Wendell and his crew (Zena, Jay and Kama) were great. They introduced themselves and asked about where we were visiting from, kept checking in to make sure we didn't need any more food or drinks, and answered our questions about the island and some of the things we saw. Captain Wendell did a great job narrating the snorkel cruise, and Zena spent time telling us some of the places the locals like to visit. Definitely worth it!
PS: If you get motion sickness, take some dramamine BEFORE hopping on board. You don't want to have your head in a bucket and miss these gorgeous sites!
Anyone who visits Kauai must attend this message excursion. The beauty of the landscape cannot be captured in pictures and its a Must See trip.
Ship's captain and crew made sure every one had a good time. Even with the rough December weather we had a spectacular view of the Napali coast. I highly recommend this trip.
Great trip! The crew was professional and we enjoyed the lunch. Some of the best snorkeling I've ever done!
Had a great time! Crew was wonderful and informative. Would love to go again.
The crew was awesome! They made the trip very entertaining. We loved the boat, the trip and the service! HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND! :-)
Really enjoyed the catamaran and the crew. Captain Wallen was very helpful and we felt the crew was very considerate for the passengers. We had a blast swimming, riding around the island. The crew was a lot of fun to talk to and even give us local advice on restaurants! Thank so much to everyone
This was AWESOME!!! The crew on the boat were friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The boat was clean and well maintained and the food was fantastic. We saw turtles, seal, dolphin and GORGEOUS fish as well as breathtaking scenery. Would HIGHLY recommend this tour!!
I highly recommend the snorkel cruise led by Holoholo outfitters. It was special beyond words. Breakfast was delicious, the cruise was totally out of this world, snorkeling was gorgeous and a new experience thanks to using the noodle instead of a life vest, lunch was good and filling and extremely welcome after the snorkeling. Thanks Capts. Wendel and Jeff. Many thanks to all the wonderful people working the decks with us all.