- 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
The Hermit Road winds along the Grand Canyon’s south rim for 5.5 -miles and is closed to public vehicle traffic. It boasts many of the grandest views in the park including great river views, and is the best opportunity for cyclists to see a large portion of the rim in a short amount of time. Biking this portion of the South Rim is considered a crown jewel and will leave you and your family counting the days until you can return to ride again. All necessary equipment is included.
- Bike & Helmet
- Round trip Bike shuttle
- Guided interpretation
- Child bike equipment exchanges if necessary. (I.E child is unable to safely ride. Exchange for trailer or tag along)
- Transportation to/from other in park attractions
Grand Canyon Visitor Center. Bike Rental and Tour building located within the plaza
For a great scenic bike ride at the Grand Canyon National Park, the Hermit Road Tour is perfect for those wanting to explore the rim by bike and avoid the big crowds.
On this tour, the bike shuttle transports cyclists past the challenging uphill section of the road to begin riding the 5.5-mile flat portion of the road (closed to public traffic) and greenways from Hopi Point to Hermit's Rest. The tour proceeds westward for 5.5 miles (9 km) of low intensity riding; stopping at jaw-dropping lookouts along the way to take in the sights and hear interesting information about the natural and human history of the area.
The tour ends at Hermit’s Rest where you can take your picture with the historic bell that graces the entrance to the 1914 Mary Jane Colter building. The structure was designed to provide shelter, food, and curios for tourists at the end of the West Rim Drive in the early tourism days at Grand Canyon. From Hermit’s rest our shuttle will return you and your bikes to our base location at the Visitor Center.
Please note: this tour is seasonal and only operates available between March and October.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.