- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Skim across the waves on an exciting Big Island Zodiac tour to Kealakekua Bay, site of the Captain Cook monument and Hawaii's finest marine sanctuary. Snorkel with a rainbow of tropical fish among beautiful coral gardens in the bay's clear, crystal waters. Enjoy the delightful picnic snack provided before you head out again, exploring vast sea caves, lava tubes and the rugged beauty of the coastline.
- Rafting expedition
- Use of snorkel equipment including masks and flotation devices
- Picnic snack (Hawaiian fruits, potato chips, cookies, sodas, fruit juices and bottled water) offered on the 8:15 AM and 12:45PM tour grade
- Beat the Crowd Mid-Day Tour offers deli sandwiches, chips, cookies, pineapple, fruit and soft drinks
- Local taxes
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Honokohau Small Boat Harbor, Kalaoa, HI 96740, USA
Returns to original departure point
Departing from Honokohau Marina located 3 miles (4.8km) north of Kailua-Kona, your captain will entertain you with Hawaiian folklore and Kona history as your Big Island Zodiac tour takes you along the scenic Kona coast. Keep a lookout for spinner dolphins, green sea turtles, manta rays, humpback whales (during the winter months) and other marine life that are often encountered on the expedition.
Explore lava tubes and sea caves as you travel the inaccessible shores with spectacular views of the remote coastline. Marvel at the incredible geology as your captain entertains you with narration and excites you with skillful driving in rafts used by the Navy seals and the U.S. Coast Guard. Snorkel among beautiful tropical fish living in the coral gardens (approx. 1.5 hours) before snacking on a tasty Hawaiian snack in the marine sanctuary. Learn about the geology of the island as you venture into sea caves and past lava tubes.
The Rigid Hull Inflatable Zodiac vessels used are 24 feet (7 meters) in length, powered by twin outboard motors to produce a quick moving and highly maneuverable ride. The rafts are perfect for exploring the shallow coves, sea caves and lava tubes located along this coastline. Each boat can hold up to 16 passengers.
Due to the bouncy nature of the ride, the Big Island Zodiac tour is not recommended for those with back or neck problems, or pregnant women. The Kona Coast has the calmest water and the fast-moving Zodiac is the least likely vessel to cause seasickness.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Pregnant women are not allowed on this tour
- Not recommended for participants with back or neck problems
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.