- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
The 2 hour private guided museum tour will introduce you to the history of flight in the United States that eventually landed a man on the moon. Take one giant leap into the unique collection at the National Air and Space Museum, covering the United States’ world famous space program.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Get inside tips from a local
- Private Museum Tour
- Professional Tour Guide Exclusively For You
- Duration 2 Hours
- Wheelchair Friendly
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Air and Space Museum, Washington DC, District of Columbia
The National Air and Space Museum doesn’t just cover extraterrestrial exploration. It covers everything from the early history of flight to the Space Race and moon landings. You’ll see the first plane to take flight as well as the Spirit of St. Louis, the first plane to cross the Atlantic. Discuss Amelia Earhart, the iconic female pilot who famously disappeared while trying to fly around the world. Check out Hubble space suits, and lunar modules while learning all about NASA and the United States’ space program. The two story back ups for the Hubble telescope and the early space station Skylab dominate your field of vision and since the originals stayed in space, this is the best way to get up close and personal! Find out what it's like to be an astronaut today with one of our expert guides – there’s even freeze dried ice cream in the gift shop to get the full experience. Discover the history of the world’s foremost space program and the technology and innovation that made it possible to land a man on the moon.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Babylon Tours Washington D.C., Washington DC, District of Columbia
The capital of the United States, the playground of politicians and presidents, is just as enticing for tourists who want to experience a slice of American history. Our English speaking guides organize private and small group tours to the city’s most important institutions, like the National Museum of American History and the Air and Space Museum. Rub elbows with senators as you stroll the historical monuments on the Mall and learn about the iconic figures buried at Arlington National Cemetery. At Babylon Tours, our engaging guides want to make it clear that D.C. isn’t just for the fat cats on Capitol Hill – it’s also yours to explore.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A maximum of 8 people permitted per tour allowed
- Notes: Air and Space Museum and other attractions or museums in DC may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Terry was our guide. He was very knowledgeable. It was very enjoyable to have someone as intimately familiar with the museum as he was. Also able to steer us to exhibits before the crowds got there and generally made our experience much more enjoyable! Would definitely recommend this!
We were very happy with this tour, it was very well organized and informative. We were very glad that we took this tour, We would highly recommend
The absolute best way to see this Museum. Our guide here was Doug and he was outstanding. His knowledge was vast and he was able to direct us through in a timely manner. IF you have limit time in the city and want to visit this Museum I highly recommend this tour and Doug as a guide.
This tour was a highlight for me, as I have always wanted to visit the Smithsonian.
Our tour guild was very very good, she seamed to know everything about everything.
I could have spent much much more time at the Smithsonian, but alas we needed to move on
I was able to see up close the model of the USS Enterprise used in the original Star Trek series...very cool
Very well informed on this subject. Took time with us and was quite courteous.
Outstanding experience. Tour guide was very knowledge in all aspects and provided more information than can be retained. Answers all questions. Super tour.
The tour was great and Matilda was the best guide! We were very lucky to have her as she was super knowledgeable and customized the tour to our interests!