- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Your 3 hour whale watching adventure begins when you board a coach bus that departs downtown Juneau from the Mt. Roberts Tram parking lot. A 25 minute journey through the picturesque landscape of Southeast Alaska will take you to Auke Bay Harbor. “All aboard!” and you’re off for Alaska waters and the ultimate whale watching experience. The star of the tour is the humpback whale, but we are always looking out for sea lions, bald eagles, or the playful orca. The whales are here to feed in our abundant Alaskan waters. Our naturalist guides you on a 2 hour whale watching tour. With our experienced captains and Juneau being one of the best ports for whale watching in Alaska, this tour will be an unforgettable experience. A light snack and refreshments will be provided.
- Family friendly
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Round-trip transportation between port and boat harbor
- 2-hour whale watching tour on a custom 24-passenger jet boat or 49-passenger catamaran
- Heated cabin with wide viewing windows, spacious decks for whale watching, and bathrooms on board
- Naturalist on whale tour
- Informative professional driver guide during transfers
- Bottled water and a light snack aboard the whale boat
- Multiple tour times for flexibility
- Gratuities (greatly appreciated)
• Mt. Roberts Tramway
• The meeting place is under the cables in front of the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
• Look for our dock representatives wearing bright blue hats that say "Juneau Whale Watch."
• Returns to Mt. Roberts Tramway
On your way to the boat harbor, listen to the informative commentary from your driver about Alaska's capitol city of Juneau. With the growing whale population feeding in the waters surrounding Stephens Passage, Lynn Canal, Saginaw Channel and Favorite Channel, there's a possibility of seeing whales lunge feeding, bubble-net feeding and breaching during the summer months. Your knowledgeable on board Naturalist will let you know what these terms mean as well as much more.
Aboard the custom 24- or 49-passenger whale-watching boats, enjoy a comfortable heated cabin with wide-viewing windows and spacious decks for wildlife viewing. When the captain spots the whales, the boat stops and you are free to walk about the deck while trying to capture that perfect whale shot. The on-board Naturalist is full of information about Alaska’s wildlife – humpback whales, sea lions, porpoise and bald eagles. After this two hour on-the-water delightful experience, you'll be transferred back to port.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour time is a check-in time; departure is within 15 to 30 minutes.
- The meeting place is under the cables in front of the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
- All ports or docks are within 10 minutes walking distances, except one - the A Dock - which provides a “Downtown” shuttle to the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the name of their ship.
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately in layers and for the likely chance of rain. It is recommended that you wear warm layered clothing, a waterproof jacket and comfortable slip-proof shoes.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 49 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Fun ride on the boat hunting whales. We did see about 5 whales and a couple of tails. The ride over to the boat was interesting and we saw a couple of glaciers on that ride.
This was a fabulous tour. We had a wonderful crew that truly made the excursion special. They were knowledgeable, friendly, and as excited to see the whales as we were. The captain, Jordon, knew exactly where to go so that we would have the best opportunity to see whales. Amber and Tory were truly interested in making sure that we had the best possible experience. The three of them were screaming as much as we were when the whale, Sasha, breached, not once but four times. Then they explained that it was very unusual to see them breach this early in the season. The excitement didn't stop there - the whale was truly putting on a show for all of us. Jordon found a total of 4 whales for us. We had such a great time, we highly recommend this tour and these guides. The experience was more than we ever expected.
Excellent trip , all arrangements exactly as promised. Great guide and expert guidance from the two experts in on board. Skipper knew exactly where to go to find the whales, a most njoyable trip
Olivia and Mark were great. Olivia was kind to my twin 2-year old sons and let them play with some of the toys they kept on the boat. 2 hours was plenty of time so don't worry about there not being enough time to actually see some whales. The whales are quick though. It gives new appreciation for those that capture them on camera. Olivia answered all our questions and we saw several whales. We even saw an Orca whale which is very uncommon we were advised. The others were the humpback whales. We especially enjoyed Olivia's story about her dad's bear attack and Mark performed his whale dance. Thanks!!!