- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Descend Catalina Island's Descanso Canyon by zip line, dropping from 600 feet above sea level, including one run that is 1,100-lineal feet long. You will travel close to three-quarters of a mile over five consecutive zip lines. See the world at heights of 300 feet above the canyon floor and at speeds pushing 40 mph.
- Ideal choice for families
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- All necessary equipment included
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Tour Guide
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Zip Line Eco Tour
You must call the local operator and provide the Lead Traveler's name, Travel Date, and Number of Travelers, along with your Viator voucher number (located underneath the barcode on your voucher) to schedule your Zip Line Eco Tour departure time. Your tour is not confirmed until you call the number above, provide your voucher information, and schedule your departure time.
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
You will begin by checking in at the Zip Line Eco Tour Base Camp, a 15-20 minute walk from Catalina's central city of Avalon, and then gear up for your tour. After receiving an orientation to the zip line you will be transported to the top of Descanso Canyon, while enjoying picturesque views of the city of Avalon.
Your zip-line adventure begins at the Hog's Back gate, high in the hills near Avalon and descending through Descanso Canyon. You will pause at several eco-stations during your journey, where your guide will give you a presentation on various aspects of Catalina Island, including wildlife, history and ecology. Your tour will end at Descanso Beach after approximately two hours.
All participants on tour are required to hike short distances, ascend and descend stairs, need to be of average mobility and strength, and in reasonably good health. Those with preexisting injuries, back, neck, or heart issues should consult their physician prior to booking this trip.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Your tour is not confirmed with the local operator until you call the number located on your voucher to provide your voucher information and schedule your tour time. See voucher for details
- Weight Requirements:
- All participants will be weighed in, fully clothed, during the check-in process before each tour. Participants must weigh between 80 lbs - 240 lbs. (Participants must weigh between 80 lbs – 230 lbs for Twilight or Night Zip Tours.) Those unable to meet this requirement at the time of tour check-in will not be permitted to zip and will not be offered a refund or rescheduled. Tandem weight requirements are explained in the following topic.
- Age / Tandem Requirements:
- Participants at least 10 years of age weighing at least 80 lbs may ride solo. Those weighing less than 80 lbs must ride tandem with another participant of the tour. Children between the ages of 5-9 must ride tandem with another participant at least 18 years of age who will act as the child’s guardian for the length of the tour. Combined weight of tandem riders may not exceed 235 lbs. (Combined weight of tandem riders may not exceed 225 lbs for Twilight or Night Zip Tours.) Participants may not ride tandem with tour guides. Children under the age of 5 are too young to participate. Those unable to meet the age or combined weight requirements will not be permitted to zip and will not be offered a refund or rescheduled.
- Footwear Requirements:
- Securable, close-toed shoes are required. Athletic shoes are recommended. We do offer a limited number of shoes to rent if proper footwear is unavailable otherwise.
- Appropriate Gear:
- No participant on the tour is permitted to use any other gear (helmet, harness, trolley, etc.) beside that which is provided by the Zipline Staff at the outset of the tour.
- Other Requirements:
- Long shorts or pants are suggested. Skirts, belly shirts and bathing suits will not be permitted. Please remove dangling earrings. Participants with long hair must secure hair back with a hair tie or similar accessory. We will not be held responsible for any lost or damaged belongings. Please store any and all unnecessary items in lockers provided during tour check-in.
- Health Requirements:
- All participants on tour are required to hike short distances, ascend and descend stairs, need to be of average mobility and strength, and in reasonably good health. We do not recommend participation with preexisting injuries, back, neck, or heart issues. Please consult your doctor if you are unsure whether this activity is suitable for you. If questions still remain, please speak to one of our representatives before booking your Zipline Tour. If upon arrival it is made clear to the Zipline staff that you are not of adequate mobility, strength, or health, for your safety we do reserve the right to refuse your participation on the tour. Because of the potential health and safety risk to the baby, pregnant guests will not be permitted to participate.
- Refunds / Rescheduling:
- We have a strict 24 hour cancellation policy. Tour refund or rescheduling options will only be offered until 24 hours before a tour reservation. No refunds or rescheduling will be permitted afterwards. Late arrivals, no shows, and those not meeting tour requirements during tour check-in will not be refunded or rescheduled. Please review all tour requirements and plan your day and travel arrangements accordingly.
- Weather Cancellations:
- We will not cancel tours due to cold or mildly rainy weather. Zipline management may cancel tours because of unsafe weather conditions such as heavy winds, heavy rains, and/or potential thunderstorms. If tours have been canceled by management because of unsafe weather conditions tickets will be refunded or rescheduled for a later time.
- Release of Liability:
- All participants are required to sign an acknowledgement of risk and release of liability waiver during the check-in process 20 minutes before a scheduled tour. Participants under the age of 18 must have a legal guardian sign for them at this time. Without parental consent and signature, minors will not be permitted on tour and will not be refunded or rescheduled.
- Misbehavior / Vulgarity / Alcohol / Drugs:
- Zipline staff is in no way obligated to begin or complete a tour for a participant or group that appears to be impaired, ignoring staff instructions, or that is found in any way to be endangering the safety of themselves, others or the course environment. Such participants and/or those found disturbing the peace of other guests with profanity, vulgarity or otherwise will be kindly evacuated from the course and not allowed to continue the tour. Refunds or rescheduling will not be offered in either of these situations. Smoking is not allowed while on the tour.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Viator failed to complete our reservation. We had to reschedule, disrupting our plans for the entire day. Will never book through them again. Zip-line tour itself was great
Austin was amazing and funny he alsonhad so much knowledge of catalina we will definitly come again and bring the rest of the family.
My boys ages 21, 18,and 16 had the time of their lives. Professional , knowledgeable of Catalina ,and put safety foremost. We will definitely be back !
Our guides were FABULOUS! They were funny, informative and very experienced. Highly recommended attraction!
The best part of our trip!! Our guides Kyle and Justin made it so much fun. The zips were fun and the views were amazing!!
It was a great time. The guides are very friendly and informative! We would definitely do it again. And bring a friend!
We had a great time on the zip line tour! Devin and Brian were great guides. It was enjoyed by all of our party--ages 7, 10, 34, and 50. I didn't bring my camera, but the tour guides took pics of us on the platform with the beautiful ocean views and shared them once we got back to the base.
A very fun time ziplining and our guides Cameron and Desmond enhanced the experience with their expertise as well as engaging personalities. Catalina is great but nice to get away from the crowds for a couple of hours flying in the sky with some beautiful views.
Everything about this was amazing. Our tour guilds, Eloy and Denny were so wonderful. Funny, kind, educated and calming, especially for my nerves as this was my first time zip lining.
The course was great. I had a wonderful time.
Overall, it was a very good excursion. My only complaint was that we spent a lot of time waiting. Not sure why but a couple of groups in front of us were slow so we got backed up behind them. Our entire group would get to the next platform before the next group even started going. 20 minutes later we'd get to start. Maybe they should stagger the groups by 30 minutes instead of 20.
The tour itself was amazing. The booking process was horrible. It took something like 30 minutes on the phone just to confirm everything, tons of unnecessary questions, while I'm trying to just be on vacation. Then I had to go pick up my tickets somewhere completely different rather than just showing up at the tour location which was a 25 minute detour. Will not use Viator again.