- 4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Explore the bayous and byways of southern Louisiana, just outside of New Orleans!
If you are searching for a gorgeous, natural and picturesque Kayak Swamp Tour – This Tour is For You! Paddle through dense cypress forest, expansive wetlands, and an array of wildlife on a tour that is ideal for beginners and adventure seekers alike!
Kayak tours are fully guided and last between 2 to 2.5 hours. The duration of the full tour will be up to 3 hours, with a 45 min drive from New Orleans.
- Led by a local guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- All necessary gear and equipment
- Paddle lesson
- Entry/Admission - Kayak Swamp Tours
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Nola Cantina 437 Esplanade in New Orleans or launch location (depending on transportation option selected)
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Experience the beautiful swamps of Southeastern Louisiana by kayak. Alligators, turtles, owls, and other wildlife are in abundance along the cypress lined banks of the Maurepas Swamp. We are able to access shallow and narrow waterways that are impossible to reach with a motorized vessel.
Duration: 3 hours
Location: Kayak Swamp Tours, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Bring swimsuit or light, layered synthetic clothing, windbreaker/fleece if cooler, change of clothes, towel, hat, sunglasses, sunglasses retainer, waterproof camera, and water
- Minimum age is 6 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
I had a fantastic tour with our guide Mike, who kept us entertained with tips and insights. It was beautiful weather and we learned a lot about the ecosystem too. The equipment was in great shape, easy to manage and hard to imbalance believe me, we tested its limits! Mike was very attentive and helpful, and even dropped us to a great restaurant after we were done.
Although the detail says no transport is included, you can get a ride to and from the French Quarter for a little extra.