- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Visit Alaska's largest road accessible glacier on this wonderful full day tour.
Glacier Park Entrance Fee and Lunch Included.
- Round Trip Transportation from Anchorage
- Hotel Pick Up
- Services of Professional Local Glacier Guide
- Lunch at Local Eatery
- Glacier Travel Equipment-Ice Cleats, Warm Winter Clothing
Please Specify Pickup Location
Please Specify Drop-Off Location.
The Matanuska Glacier is one of Alaska's premiere destinations. At 27 miles long and 4 miles wide it is Alaska's largest glacier accessible by road. It also is boasts one of the most accessible areas to walk on of any glacier in Alaska. Marvel at ice that formed thousands of years ago high in the Chugach Mountains. Your day will start with a magnificent scenic drive along the Glenn Highway with stunning mountain vistas and plenty of time for photo stops. Next we will drive to the toe of the glacier to dawn our ice cleats and begin exploring the glacier by foot. Each day is unique due to the dynamic nature of the glacier. We generally spend two hours and walk three miles on the ice. After exploring the glacier we will have lunch at a local eatery with stunning views of the glacier and surrounding scenery. Each tour will be customized to suit your groups interest. This is a once in a lifetime bucket list opportunity to explore glacial ice!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- What to Bring:
- Warm Layered Clothing
- Camera or Cell Phone Camera
- Warm Hat and Gloves
- We require that participants wear sturdy, stiff-soled footwear while on this tour
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.