- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
The best orca whale watching is from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, just an easy day trip adventure from downtown Seattle. The San Juan Islands are considered the "jewel" of the Pacific Northwest, located in the Puget Sound.
- Whale Watching Cruise
- Local taxes
- Transport to/from Friday Harbor from Seattle
- Port Fee (USD1.00 per person)
Friday Harbor, Washington
Returns to the original departure point approximately 4 hours after departure
San Juan Island is considered the best place to view orca whales because the salmon, which are their prime source of food (about 95% of what they eat), travel up and down the west coast of San Juan Island and outlying areas.
Take this Whale watching tour and see orca whales which has been viewed on over 90% of the tours with the possibility of spotting minke, humpback and gray whales to be higher. What is the best time to see orca whales? Anytime. They are out and about all day. You will be guaranteed see marine mammals and come back with memories to last a lifetime!
Enjoy the beauty of San Juan Island on an exclusive Whale Watch Cruise from Friday Harbor. Sail aboard the fast, new 55 foot MV Sea Lion (with windowed, heated cabin, which seats up to 24 guests). 40 or fewer guest aboard this comfortable boat with walk around deck.
Want a more intimate tour - join the special limited tour, small groups with a maximum capacity of 12 people.
Important Note: Regardless of whether you are bringing your car on the ferry, it is best to be at the Anacortes ferry parking lot 1 hour prior to the ferry departure (not to be confused with the time of your tour departure) In July and August arrive at least 1.5 hours prior to the ferry departure if you bring your car across. A car may not necessary on San Juan Island.
Park your car in the Anacortes ferry parking lot and purchase a passenger ticket. Allow at least 90 minutes driving time from Seattle to Anacortes. Use I-5 north, Exit 230. The diamond lane makes it a breeze to drive up.
Ferry schedule changes seasonally and has specific departure times. Please ask about the latest Washington State Ferry schedule to ensure you arrive with enough time to make your way to the tour departure point.
We recommend you bring the following:
• Extra Film
• Extra batteries
• Water Bottle (no glass please)
• Gloves (optional)
• Jacket or Windbreaker - comfortable clothing
• Flat, rubber bottomed shoes are recommended
The crew and other guests would appreciate it if you would leave behind:
• Cell Phones
• Smoking Materials
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For maximum safety children under 2 should be in a harness carrier strapped to a parent and remain in the cabin
- "Special Limited" tour not recommended for child aged 13 and under
- Restrooms are available on board the boat
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.