- 1 hour (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
The historic Ferry Building and Alcatraz are two of San Francisco's most prolific attractions. On this not-to-be missed combo tour, you get to see them both in one day. First, enjoy an hour in the Ferry Building to nibble on some of the city’s finest fare during a guided tour. After the food tour, walk over to Pier 33 to pick up your tickets and board your ferry to Alcatraz. The
Cellhouse audio tour will captivate you with live recordings from the former prisoners.
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Recorded commentary by audio headphones
- Free snacks included
- All food tastings
- Guide for food tour
- Audio walking tour of Alcatraz
- Alcatraz Island ticket ($39.90 USD value)
- Entry/Admission - Alcatraz Island
- Entry/Admission - Ferry Building Marketplace
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation from Ferry Building to Alcatraz Landing
Ferry Building, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Returns to original departure point
Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
Meet your personal epicurean concierge (aka guide) along the curb of the Embarcadero in front of the Ferry Building's main entrance. It's a San Francisco landmark with its iconic 245-foot (75-m) clock tower. Built in the late 1800s, the ferry terminal was renovated in 2003, transforming the concourse into the foodie haven that it is today. Local food purveyors and artisans peddle their wares inside and outside the building — one-stop shopping for anyone looking to experience a taste of San Francisco.
Learn more about the San Francisco Bay Area's tastemakers as you nibble on Cowgirl Creamery's award-winning cheese, Acme Bread's fresh loaves, and Miette Patisserie's delicate French macarons. Want more? Indulge in a cup of chili from the American Eatery and satisfy your sweet tooth with handmade chocolates from Recchiuti. If you’re visiting during one of the weekly farmers’ markets, don’t be surprised if your guide points out some of the city’s revered chefs shopping for fresh produce to include on their menus.
After you satiate your appetite on the food tour, you'll receive directions to Pier 33 to pick up your Alcatraz tickets for the next portion of your tour. Take a stroll along the Embarcadero to Pier 33 where you'll hop on the ferry for a scenic ride to Alcatraz. Explore the island at your leisure with the award-winning
Cellhouse audio walking tour to discover hidden secrets and fascinating stories of the world’s most notorious prison. Ferries depart the island frequently to provide maximum flexibility for your time on Alcatraz.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All traveler names are required at time of booking. Failure to provide this information will result in cancellation of your tour. All travelers over 18 MUST have photo I.D.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements in the "Special Requirements" box at time of booking
- If excursion fails to meet minimum enrollment (total of 4 guests), Edible Excursions will contact guests 4 days in advance to reschedule or offer a refund.
- All food tastings are subject to change depending on availability
- Children 0-4 years are free provided they will not be eating on the food tour. Alcatraz tickets are free for ages 0-4 years
- Alcatraz ferry tickets departure are typically at 12:30pm. Departure timing may change depending on availability. If this is the case, you will be notified of the new time by Edible Excursions on the day of the tour.
- Alcatraz is steep and hilly. A moderate amount of walking is involved, so comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Alcatraz audio tour is available in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Mandarin, Portuguese and Korean
- You may depart Alcatraz Island at any time; ferries depart every 30-40 minutes
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.