- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This walking and tasting tour of the French Quarter will immerse you in the history of New Orleans and how its unique cuisine evolved. We tour select historic restaurants and discuss their culinary contributions - including the two oldest (Antoine's and Tujague's, established in 1840 and 1856. respectively. You will learn to appreciate the differences between Cajun and Creole cuisine, and will hear of the varied ethnic influences that contribute to New Orleans Cuisine.
One of the great joys of travel is exploring the local culture with the benefit of local insight. Locally owned and operated we know the very best way for visitors to sample some of the finest cuisine New Orleans has to offer.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Likely to Sell Out
- All food samplings
- Professional licensed tour guides
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase along the way)
- Gratuities (optional) but are greatly appreciated
Tujague's, 823 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Returns to original departure point
Starting in the heart of the French Quarter, we will eat, talk and walk our way through our city's most historic neighborhood while we learn about the cultural influences that created our distinctive Creole cuisine. As we visit select restaurants and establishments, you will sample a variety of New Orleans' most iconic dishes such as Seafood Gumbo, Shrimp Remoulade, Turtle Soup, and Red Beans and Rice while learning their origins. Hear about the strong Sicilian influence too while enjoying a sample of a Muffuletta Sandwich served with Cannoli and Gelato. Enjoy melt in your mouth Beef Brisket with Creole Horseradish Sauce that has been served at Tujague's for over 100 years! And when you're full, you can save your Praline from Leah's for an evening sweet treat. More than a food tour, this is the best of New Orleans' history and culinary history combined!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions (please dress for the occasion)
- Moderate amount of walking, wear comfortable shoes
- Be sure to let us know of any dietary restrictions you may have
- While we try to accommodate for dietary needs, we cannot guarantee what the restaurants have available.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.