- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This exclusive Big Island helicopter tour includes not only wonderful views of Hawaii’s famous volcanoes, but also a private landing in a secluded location so you can enjoy your own piece of paradise! The three-hour adventure starts with a flight over Kilauea in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Kilauea is one of the most active volcanoes on the planet and often spews lava from its crater. If you’re lucky, you just may see it! Then fly north to the lush Kohala Coast, where you will land in a remote area and enjoy your own private paradise for an hour.
For a guaranteed window seat, make sure to upgrade to the preferred seating option.
- Qualified and professional pilot
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Two-way headset communication with your pilot
- Live commentary on board
Heliport at Kona International Airport
Tour returns to original departure point
Take an unforgettable journey over the Big Island of Hawaii on this helicopter adventure. Take off from Kona in a six-passenger Bell 407 luxury helicopter and enjoy the panoramic views from oversized sliding windows. With two-way radio communication, you’ll listen to expert commentary from your pilot and be able to ask any questions you have as you fly.
You’ll head to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and soar over Kilauea, one of the world’s most active volcanoes. Keep your eyes peeled for flowing lava and marvel at the intensity of this natural wonder. Fly over the site of the volcano’s latest eruption, where you can admire the amazing power of Pele, the Hawaiian goddess of fire and volcanoes who is believed to live in a section of Kilauea.
You’ll then fly to a remote section of the island and enjoy a private landing. You’ll have about an hour of free time at this secluded location, where you can unwind and bask in your own piece of paradise.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Due to weather, flights may be 100 to 120 minutes in length
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own caregiver
- Capacity Surcharge: All guests weighing between 265 and 315 lbs will be assessed a Capacity Surcharge of $100. The guest will be guaranteed a window seat.
- Guests weighing above 315 lbs. at check-in will be charged for an extra seat for weight and balance purposes. The rate of the extra seat will be determined by the specific tour that they are booked on. This cost is calculated by adding an additional seat to the one that has already been purchased.
- All pilots and aircraft are FAA-certified
- Helicopter holds 6 passengers; larger groups may be separated
- For a guaranteed window seat, make sure to upgrade to the window seating option
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.