- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Washington D.C.'s Georgetown neighborhood is home to some of the city’s most notable residents, local commerce, embassies, and of course, culinary gems. On this tour, you will eat your way through this well-known and prestigious neighborhood. You will learn about Georgetown's early iconic years as we stroll off-the-beaten path for a taste from various local eateries.
- 2.5 - 3.5 hour walking tour
- Tastings and one pairing included (alcoholic/non alcoholic options)
- Professional guide
- Future visit offers' from the establishments we visit
- Vegetarian options available
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Intersection of 28th and Pennsylvania Ave NW, across the Four Seasons Hotel in a small road island with benches and bikes.
Saturday and Sunday
Explore Georgetown, learning about its early iconic years ranging from the town's flour mills, meat packing district, and C&O Canal, to Julia Childs' house as we stroll off-the-beaten path for a taste from local eateries.
Starting at 2:00pm, set off on foot, walking a total of about 1.5 miles (2.5 km) with your guide, at a comfortable pace. You'll stop about every 20 minutes to visit a local eatery. We may stand or sit, depending upon the stop, while indulging in a total of four to five tantalizing food samples and one wine or Spritz pairing.
Between tastings, learn from your guide about Georgetown, its culture and architecture. Afterward, you're free to explore more on your own!
This 'eat like a local' food tour features a local deli, an Indian-owned twenty-year institution, International Spice and Olive Oil, Italian Cafe and Grocery Store, and a highly recognized military-focused American bakery. Specific establishments may vary.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years; all participants must present a valid photo ID to consume alcohol
- Please specify any dietary restrictions in the Special Requirements field at time of checkout
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.