- 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy a 3.5-hour cultural tour in the back-country of the Lower Monument Valley Tribal Park. The tour focuses on the Navajo culture by visiting a local Hogan Demonstration, hearing the stories our guides have to share and musical entertainment.
- Family friendly
- All-inclusive tour
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Exclusive after-hours access
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Local professional guide
- Pet Friendly
- Transport by open-air Safari vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park
- Entrance fee to the Monument Valley Tribal Park. National Park passes are not accepted at entrance to park.
The View Hotel, Indian Rte 42, Oljato-Monument Valley, AZ 84536, USA
Valid from the time you exchange your voucher, for the duration selected.
Returns to original departure point
The Navajo culture has thrived on the land between the Four Scared Mountains, and those teachings have been inherited through generations of verbal and lesson teaching methods. Some of these teachings are shared with you during the Cultural Tour by your Navajo guide.
The Cultural, 3.5 hour tour makes a first stop at the famous John Ford’s Point where many of John Wayne’s western cinematic movies were filmed. Next, your guide will drive to The Backcountry of the park and escort you to the “Sun’s Eye Arch" and Hogan Demonstration.
At “Sun’s Eye Arch” you will be standing at a specific degree to look up into the rock arch and see why it is named Sun’s Eye. At the same location you will also see Petroglyphs and hear your guide’s stories.
Next, you will travel to the “Big Hogan.” The Big Hogan is a great place to take family pictures and lie against the rocks and feel its warmth. Your guide will provide stories and suggest great photo shots.
The last stop in the Backcountry is the “Ear of the Wind.” This is the largest arch in the park, and your guide will escort you to a photogenic spot where you can take photographs.
Next, you will be guided to the Totem Pole and Yei Bi Cheii Monuments where you will be able to take photographs and hear the cultural stories behind each monument. The last stop is at the North Window where you will have a chance to take pictures of the Mittens and Butte at a different angle. Your tour guide will then slowly and safely transport you back to your departure point.
Unfortunately, we cannot give much information about our guides’ stories because each guide has very uniquely different stories to tell. Our guides’ stories come from personal experience, lore, legends and the Navajo culture.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all adult/senior travelers
- Uneven walking surfaces
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Pet friendly
- GROUP TOUR ONLY. NON-PRIVATE TOURS. All tours depart from The View Hotel VIsitor's Lobby.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- We do observe Daylight Savings TIme. We are on Mountain Standard Time (UT). Be advised that there is a one hour time difference between Arizona Time Zone and the Navajo Nation Time Zone (Mid-March to October).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.