- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Experience the beauty of a rafting trip along the Colorado River near Fisher Towers, a short drive from Moab. Seemingly untouched by civilization, the landscape of stunning red rock canyons cut by the Colorado River provides awe-inspiring vistas throughout the day. Between thrilling bouncy rapids, you can swim, take photos and listen as your guide shares informative commentary about the ecology, wildlife and human history of the region. Choose either a half-day or full-day trip and enjoy an incredible rafting excursion for the whole family.
With various departures during the day at 9:00 am, 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm, the half-day trip can fit into most schedules. Bring the whole family on a fun-filled half-day Colorado River trip that runs about 7 river miles (11 km) with fantastic scenery and moderate rapids. Noon departures include a lunch by the riverside.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Professional guide
- All required rafting equipment
- Coast Guard-approved life jackets, river bags and camera box to place your items in while rafting
- Ground transportation from departure location to the river put-in and return
- Water and lemonade
- Soft drinks (you are welcome to bring your own)
Returns to original departure point
Make your way to the central Moab office where you meet your guides and receive an orientation and safety briefing. Then hop in the van that takes you to the put-in site along the Fisher Towers section of the Colorado River. Though situated not too far from town, this part of the river feels wild and remote with its soaring canyon walls, massive rock spires and abundant wildlife.
Get fitted in a lifejacket and other provided gear before hitting the water. Your rafting trip features oar rafts operated by your guide, although inflatable kayaks are usually available upon request. If you choose to ride in an inflatable kayak, your guide gives a paddle lesson and time to practice following directional commands that are needed when paddling.
Once you’re ready, step into your raft and prepare for a thrilling ride. This section of the Colorado River provides some Class II and III rapids with some bouncy moments on the water. Expect a few splashes too.
Your guide rows the oar boat while you hang on during the white-water rapids and hang out in calmer stretches of water. Take in classic western vistas between rapids, when you can take pictures and hop in the river to swim. Learn all about the human and natural history of the Colorado River from your naturalist guides, and gain a better understanding of the river and canyon. At the end of your half-day tour, your guide returns you to your starting point in central Moab.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking; minimum weight requirement is 50 lbs (23 kg)
- Inflatable kayaks are available upon request at no charge, please provide the request in the special requirements field at the time of booking
- Please note, prior to departure, all travelers will be required to sign a liability release
- Minimum age is 8 years
- It is recommended to bring: Sturdy footwear, quick dry clothing, spring or fall rain suit, swimsuit or fast drying shorts, sun screen, lip balm, hat and a camera (preferably waterproof)
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.