- 4 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Departing from downtown Anchorage, the Coastal Classic Train travels south along the rugged coastline of Turnagain Arm, with dramatic views of the Chugach Mountains plunging directly to the sea. At the end of Turnagain Arm, the tracks veer away from the road system into the backcountry wilderness – and what many consider to be the most scenic stretch of the Alaska Railroad, accessible only by train. Watch for views of massive glaciers, steep river canyons, and cascading waterfalls. The train arrives to Seward at 11 am, allowing plenty of time to explore this charming port town – or opt to take a marine wildlife & glacier day cruise into the nearby Kenai Fjords.
- One-way rail transportation from Anchorage to Seward
- Comfortable reserved seating
- Alaskan tour guide providing narration throughout rail journey
- Optional dining and snack bar available for purchase
- Accommodation, tours and/or activities in Seward
Alaska Railroad Depot, Anchorage, AK
408 Port Avenue, Seward, AK 99664
Visit: 411 W 1st Ave Alaska Railroad Train Depot, Anchorage, AK 99501-1635
Take a train ride to the port town of Seward from Anchorage on the Alaska Railroad! You will not be disappointed by the stunning vistas on your relaxing 4-hour journey down to Seward. The large picture windows and open vestibules on the train provide excellent photo-taking opportunities along the journey, and local guides share the stories behind the sights along the way. There are many local highlights and excursions you can see and do in Seward.
• Depart Anchorage Depot at 6:45 am
• Arrive Seward Depot at 11:05 am
• Onboard narration included on train
• Onboard dining available for purchase on train
• Explore Seward on your own. Optional tours or cruises (sold separately) to explore Seward and/or the Kenai Fjords. Advance booking recommended.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants (0-1) may be added to a reservation as lap children (not requiring a paid, reserved seat) but they must be registered in the booking. To register an infant as a lap child, please indicate so in the “Special Requests” option in the final checkout and include the infant’s name, age and gender.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.