- 7 to 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Be seduced by the fascinating landscape of the Perito Moreno glacier on this full-day tour from El Calafate. Admire the mesmerizing beauty of the spiky glacier walls, its crevasses and the immensity of its ice formations while touring this renowned national park. Enjoy a 1-hour boat ride to get a different perspective of this natural wonder that rises 240 feet above Argentino Lake. On this tour, you’ll also learn about the general glaciology of the region, as well as the formation of an icebridge, a particular phenomenon that happens every few years in the Perito Moreno Glacier.
- Professional Guide
- Boat ride
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entrance fees (ARS $750 - around USD 25.00) payable only in cash and local currency
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional Los Glaciares
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from hotels in El Calafate is included. Pickup time from your hotel will be between 9:00 and 9:30 a.m.
If your hotel is NOT listed, please provide your hotel name when booking in the 'special requirements' box.
If you are staying at an Airbnb please let us know your Airbnb address and we'll advise a meeting point for pickup. Travelers staying at Airbnbs MUST give their personal phone number so that we can reach them if needed.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Nacional Los Glaciares, Avenida Del Libertador 1302, El Calafate Z9405AHY Argentina
After pickup at your hotel in Calafate you will go on a scenic drive to Los Glaciares National Park. As you ride along the Patagonian steppe for 40 km (25 miles) your guide will provide some relevant information about the park which houses the majestic Perito Moreno glacier.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Perito Moreno Glacier, Los Glaciares National Park Argentina
Upon arrival at Los Glaciares National Park, your guide will explain the different walkway options so that you can tour them at your own pace. The National Park features a system of walkways that allows visitors to have access to various viewing balconies that showcase the glacier from different angles. After roaming through the walkways, you will meet with your guide at the specified time to go on a boat ride. (Please note that depending on your navigation departure time you may sail first and visit the walkways afterwards).
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Lago Argentino, El Calafate Argentina
For a totally different perspective of this impressive glacier, you will take a 1-hour boat ride through Rico Branch of Lago Argentino. Watch closely to see slabs of ice detach from the glacier and slide into the surrounding lake. As you sail along the massive glacier wall that rises 240 feet above Argentino lake and in between floating icebergs, your guide will continue to provide information about this natural wonder. After you finish exploring the park, relax on the returning drive to El Calafate, where your full day tour will conclude in the early evening
Duration: 1 hour
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Important: Passport name, number, nationality and date of birth are required at time of booking for all participants
- Travelers MUST provide a copy/attachment of their children passport if they are under 15 years old
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Car seats are available for children from 3 up to 5 years old when requested in advance
- Tours taking place on Dec 25th and Jan 1st will have a different pickup and drop-off time (tba)
- Please bring: warm clothing, camera, sunscreen, comfortable footwear and light refreshments
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.