- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
An adventurer's delight! Have you ever wondered what being close up to a glacier feels like? Here's your chance to find out. Hike across El Perito Moreno, one of the world's most famous glaciers! This full-day tour is a must-do for all adventure-seekers visiting El Calafate.
- All entrance fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Guided minitrek across El Perito Moreno Glacier
- All necessary equipment
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch (you must bring your own)
- National park entrance fee
El Calafate, Santa Cruz Province, Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
Tour departs from most El Calafate hotels
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Returns to original departure point
Departing from your El Calafate hotel, you'll head to the Bajo de las Sombras (Under the Shadows) port. After a quick 20-minute sail, you'll reach the opposite shore and the base of the Perito Moreno Glacier. Here, the guides will help you pick out a crampon, special metal spikes worn on your boots for traction. Then, your adventure begins as you hike along the Rico Arm to reach the glacier.
With your crampons fastened, head out for the real adventure as you embark on a 1.5 hour walk across the glacier. Your guide will be there to tell you about the famous Perito Moreno Glacier while trekking. At the end of the walk, enjoy lunch (bring your own) before continuing on.
Finish up your adventure as you cross the Rico Arm again, which leads you to a footbridge located in front of the glacier for one last glance at the beautiful glacier. Then, make your way back to the road that cuts between the forest of lengas and the pier. Board a bus that will take you to the glacier's viewpoint and footbridges, where you have an hour to enjoy before heading back to your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 10
- Maximum age is 50 due to age restrictions on the operator's insurance
- Sports shoes or trekking boots and warm wool or cotton socks are highly recommended
- Comfortable sportswear, long trousers, warm sweater or pile, water or windproof jacket, sun glasses, sun block and gloves are recommended
- You must bring your own lunch
- MUST provide passport number and date of birth in the special requirements fields when booking this tour
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.