- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
There are many tango shows in Buenos Aires, but if you have a taste for luxury, only the Rojo Tango Show will do. This first-class experience takes place inside the cabaret theater of the high-end, designer Faena Hotel. Watch tango dancers in period costume, with vocalists and a live orchestra adding to the powerhouse show, while attentive staff pour Baron B bubbly into your crystal wine glass. Soak up even more Old World opulence with an upgrade to enjoy a 3-course gourmet dinner at a candlelit table. Hotel transport included.
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Tango show
- 3-course dinner (if option selected)
- Beverages (water, soft drinks, wine)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Dinner (if option not selected)
Traveler pickup is offered
This is not an exhaustive list. Please indicate your hotel address at payment and we will confirm the pick-up. We only offer transfer services from central hotels, not in Palermo. You should wait in the lobby of the hotel.
After hotel pickup, head to the exclusive waterfront neighborhood of Puerto Madero and step into the 5-star, award-winning Faena Hotel, where the Rojo Tango Show takes place. With a dash of speakeasy flair, you’ll be ushered through a discreet entrance, down a long hall lined with elegant shops and restaurants, and into the cabaret theater.
Crimson lighting, a mahogany piano and chairs upholstered in rich red velvet add to the sensual atmosphere. If you’ve opted for dinner, arrive 90 minutes before showtime and enjoy a three-course gourmet meal, paired with some of Argentina’s top-quality malbec, chardonnay and sparkling wine (see below for a sample menu.) Or, if you chose the show-only option, slip into your seat in time for the performance and enjoy the provided drinks.
The approx. 90-minute show traces the history of tango, from its origins in cabaret to tango nuevo, made popular by Argentine composer Ástor Piazzolla, who infused jazz and classical music into traditional tango. Watch five couples in period costumes dance stellar choreography, and listen to powerhouse vocalists and the live orchestra. Join in the audience’s fervor during timeless tango favorites like ‘Gallo Ciego’ and ‘La Cumparsita.’
After the performance, enjoy convenient transportation back to your downtown or Recoleta-area hotel.
Sample Dinner Menu:
First course (choose one)
• Shrimp and potato salad with cocktail sauce • Patagonian venison pâté, pears cooked in Champagne and mixed greens • Mustard-infused turkey breast, arugula, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and croutons Main course (choose one)
• Beef tenderloin, truffled mashed potatoes, sautéed mushrooms
• Salmon, semolina gnocchi with tomato sauce and corn vinaigrette
• Lamb ravioli, sage cream, fresh tomato and smoked eggplantDessert (choose one)
• Passion fruit pie with chocolate crumble
• Bittersweet chocolate marquise
• Banana cream with dulce de leche garnishBeverages • Baron B sparkling wine
• Terrazas Reserva malbec and chardonnay
• Soft drinks
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age to drink alcohol is 18 years
- If you choose a 'Dinner and Show' option, please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
This was overrated. The food was okay not great. There were 4 couples dancing and a live musical group. The hotel was lovely and the venue was small around 100 people. The transportation to and from our hotel was great.
What a treat this event was from start to finish! The hotel where this was held was beautiful. One enters into a long and dramatic hallway, lined with many treasures! Well-appointed bars, restaurants, and lounges can be found on either side of this luxurious entryway, and it is a visual feast! At the very end of the hallway was our destination, all decked out in red! The cocktails, the food, and the service were on point! And that tango show was to die for! Those dancers were top-of-the-line and very very talented! They put on an unbelievable show! As we departed this intriguing venue, we found the system of getting a cab was impressive and well-organized! The director of transportation got all guests into waiting cabs with great efficiency! I cannot recommend this tour more highly!