- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Book a Mini trekking on the Perito Moreno Glacier and you will feel the ice closer than ever!
This full-day excursion will take you to walk over the glacier, fully equipped and accompanied by our certified bilingual guides, for a day long.
You will also have access to the Glacier's balconies during a whole hour in order to get the best views and landscapes of the National Park before going for this one of a kind experience!
The excursion includes a 20 minutes navigation to the Perito Moreno Glacier and a long walk over the Ice to discover every corner of the Glacier.
- Small-group tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Guided mini-trek across El Perito Moreno Glacier
- All necessary equipment
- Professional Spanish-English guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Entry/Admission - Lago Argentino
- Entry/Admission - Perito Moreno Glacier
- Entry/Admission - Pasarelas Perito Moreno
- Lunch (you can bring your own)
- Entrance fee to Los Glaciares National Park.
- The National Park fee can only be pay at the entrance of the park with Argentinian Pesos
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional Los Glaciares
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Tour ends with drop-off at your centrally located El Calafate hotel
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tangol El Calafate, El Calafate, Province of Santa Cruz, Patagonia
The tour starts with the pick up from your centrally located El Calafate Hotel
Stop At: Parque Nacional Los Glaciares, El Calafate, Province of Santa Cruz, Patagonia
This unique natural wonder has been declared a "World Heritage Site of Humanity" by UNESCO in 1981. The National Park includes a scenario of mountains, lakes and forests, a large portion of the Andes Mountains covered with ice and snow to the west and the arid Patagonian steppe to the east.
Duration: 7 hours
Stop At: Lago Argentino, El Calafate, Province of Santa Cruz, Patagonia
Once in the “Bajo las Sombras” port, you will board a ship to cross the Lago Rico to arrive at the opposite shore after a 20-minute trip approximately in front of the southern wall of the Perito Moreno Glacier.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Perito Moreno Glacier, Los Glaciares National Park, Province of Santa Cruz, Patagonia
A short 20-minute walk begins with a talk about glaciology along the shore of the lake towards the glacier. Once on the ice, the guides put on each participant a pair of crampons and give them instructions on how they should walk on the ice. In the about 1:30 hour walk on the glacier, you will be able to appreciate a wide variety of ice formations as well as cracks, seracs, glacier mills and small ponds.
The trekking difficulty is moderate. The ice surface over which you walk is irregular, but firm and safe. You will get information about flora and fauna and about the particular phenomenon that only takes place in the Perito Moreno Glacier and that eventually produces its rupture.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Pasarelas Perito Moreno, El Calafate, Province of Santa Cruz, Patagonia
After the ice-trek and a 20-minute boat ride back to the port, the tour includes a guided visit to the walkways of Los Glaciares National Park.
There, you will be able to enjoy the amazing panoramic landscape of the Glacier and to walk along some of the self guided trails.
Duration: 2 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Maximum 10 passengers per booking
- Minimum age is 10
- Maximum age is 65 due to age restrictions on the operator's insurance
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Sports shoes or trekking boots and warm wool or cotton socks are highly recommended
- Comfortable sportswear, long trousers, warm sweater or pile, water or windproof jacket, sun glasses, sun block and gloves are recommended
- MUST provide passport number and date of birth in the special requirements fields when booking this tour
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
First off, the scenery is beautiful and the experience of hiking on a glacier is very cool. Our guides on the ice were great - very knowledgeable, fun, and safety conscious. Our group on the ice consisted of all English-speakers - and I know that everyone in our group of about 10-12 had a good time. The downside is that this was not truly a small group tour. We were picked up from our hotel in a large tour bus with about 40 other people, most of which did not speak English. The tour guide on the bus mostly spoke in Spanish and by the time she got around to speaking English which was very difficult to hear and understand, we were long past the site and had no context for anything at which we were looking. Also, the tour is expensive for what it is. Most of the time you're walking on platforms looking at the glacier by yourself and without a guide, and the ice trek is only a small portion of the day, so it felt over-priced. However, the ice trek itself was a great experience, so just know going-in, the tour is not exactly as advertised and it's expensive, but you'll still have a good time. And P.S., any remotely physically fit person can do this tour - no experience needed.