- 10 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy a full-day trip from Buenos Aires to Montevideo, the capital city of Uruguay. Known for its theater scene and cultural heritage, Montevideo offers an array of sightseeing options in both its old and new areas. Take a scenic ferry ride there from Buenos Aires, and enjoy a city tour before enjoying a delicious lunch and exploring the city at your leisure. Hotel pickup (if option selected), ferry tickets and a city tour are all included, so you don't have to worry about a thing!
- All entrance fees included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- City sightseeing tour
- Guide assistance except during city tour
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
Tour departs from most Buenos Aires hotels, if option selected
If hotel pickup and drop-off is not selected, exact address will appear on your voucher
Returns to original departure point, depending on option selected
Hop aboard a ferry and enjoy a scenic 3-hour sightseeing cruise across the Rio de la Plata to Montevideo. Upon arrival at the port, capture spectacular views of the city and of Uruguay’s beautiful coastline.
Disembark the ferry and start your 1.5-hour sightseeing tour around the city. Truly a cultural capital in South America, this vibrant port city is home to many first-class singers and musicians. Visit famous landmarks in both the old and new city sectors, and stop at one of the main theaters -- the Solis Theater. Recently restored, this was one of the first theaters in South America and is a must-see when visiting Montevideo.
Travel to the Plaza Independencia, one of the main squares in Montevideo boasting a famous marble statue of General José Gervasio Artigas, a well-known South American military leader and national hero. Take photos of Uruguay’s tallest building, the Palacio Salvo.
After your tour, you will be on your own to explore more of Montevideo however you wish. Enjoy a delicious lunch at a restaurant of your choice, and then spend the afternoon exploring the city at your leisure. Walk through the beautiful streets, take time to browse the local shops, and discover the old part of the town, where you'll find cultural centers and museums that feature paintings and photography throughout the ages. Street festivals are very common in Montevideo, so don't be surprised if you stumble upon a Candombe or Carnival show. While the Carnival shows only operate in February, the famous Candombe takes place all year round.
When you are finished exploring on your own, meet your group at a designated meeting point and head back to Buenos Aires by ferry. When you dock in Buenos Aires, you’ll be transported to your hotel.
Note: order of events on the itinerary in Montevideo is subject to change
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: a current valid passport is required to enter Uruguay
- Possession of proper government issued documentation is the responsibility of the passenger. You may require additional documentation to enter Uruguay. A Uruguayan visa may be required for some nationalities; check your home country requirements for entering Uruguay.
- Passport number, date of birth, nationality and complete name are required to complete the reservation process for this tour
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.