- 14 to 15 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Depart from your hotel in Calafate to discover the wonders of Torres del Paine National Park across the Chilean border. This full-day tour brings visitors to the most scenic views that are accessible by vehicle within the park. If you only have a day to spare, this tour provides a great opportunity to enjoy Torres del Paine’s amazing views as you access different lookout points and go on a short hike for some even better perspectives.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Box lunch is included
- Entrance fees (approx. USD 30.00)
Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from hotels in El Calafate is included. Pickup time will be between 6:45 and 7:20 a.m.
If your hotel is NOT listed, please provide your hotel name when booking in the 'special requirements' box.
If you are staying at an Airbnb you MUST let us know so that we can provide a presentation place and time for you to join the tour. Travelers staying at Airbnbs MUST also give their personal phone number so that we can reach them if needed.
October - March (Daily)Low SeasonApril-September (Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays)
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: El Calafate, Santa Cruz Province, Argentina
After pickup at your hotel, you will head to the international border crossing with Chile (time at the border can vary greatly depending on external factors). After going through the customs process, you will continue on your way to the National Park.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Lago Sarmiento, Ruta Y-150, Torres del Paine National Park Chile
As you proceed on the route, you’ll make a quick stop at Lago Sarmiento, where you’ll be able to admire the beautiful lake framed by the Paine Mountain Range. Soon after that, you’ll make another stop at the shore of Laguna Amarga, from where you'll go on a short walk for some even better views of the beautiful surroundings. You will continue your tour on a winding route to “Paine Cascade” where you’ll have your outdoor lunch on the shore of the Paine River (box lunch included).
**The itinerary and duration of this tour are subject to change due to weather and road conditions or any conditions of an operational nature such as time spent at customs, etc.
**It is the traveler's responsibility to have all their necessary travel documents to cross the international border.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Torres Del Paine National Park, Torres del Paine National Park Chile
You will arrive at the National Park through the Laguna Amarga entrance, where you’ll be able to buy your entrance tickets and use the bathroom facilities. You will then continue your ride with stunning views of “Larga Lagoon” and “Mariposa Lagoon”.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Mirador Nordenskjöld Lake, Y-150, Torres de Paine, Región de Magallanes y de la Antártica Chilena, Chile
As the tour continues, you’ll reach “Nordenskjöld Lake Lookout Point" where you’ll be able to gaze at the famous Horns of Torres del Paine.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Salto Grande Waterfall View, Torres de Paine, Región de Magallanes y de la Antártica Chilena, Chile
After enjoying the views, you’ll move on to your next stop, the “Salto Grande Lookout Point,” which showcases a 10-meter (32-foot) waterfall.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Mirador Cuernos Del Paine, Torres de Paine, Región de Magallanes y de la Antártica Chilena, Chile
After enjoying the views from Salto Grande, you will go on a 1hr 30min hike to approach Nordenskjold Lake for some up-close views of the Horns of Torres del Paine (subject to weather conditions).
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Camping Lago Pehoe, Torres del Painé, Torres de Paine, Región de Magallanes y de la Antártica Chilena, Chile
After the walk, you’ll visit “Lago Pehoe Lookout Point” which showcases one of the most spectacular views of Torres del Paine, including the turquoise waters of the lake framed by Cerro Paine, Almirante Nieto Mount, the Paine “Horns”, French Valley and Big Paine. After enjoying the final views of the day you will head to the international border crossing. Before reaching customs, you’ll make a quick stop at Cerro Castillo village to use its facilities. After crossing the border you will return to your hotel in Calafate in the evening.
Duration: 6 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- IMPORTANT: Passport name, number, date of birth and nationality information MUST be provided at the time of booking for ALL PARTICIPANTS. We are NOT able to confirm the booking until passport information is received.
- Please bring: warm clothing, camera, sunscreen, comfortable footwear and light refreshments
- You must carry your passport with you on the day of travel
- This tour operates from October to April
- Travel times and distances: From Calafate to the international border crossing: 210 km or 130 miles - 2 hours 20 minutes. Time at customs depends on traffic (could be 30 min or 2 hr). From the Chilean border to Torres del Paine National Park (Lake Sarmiento): 35 km or 22 miles - 30 minutes.Distance traveled within the Park: 89 kms or 55 miles. Arrival time at the Park: 11:30AM approx. Departure: 5PM approx. Photographic stops: 8. Total walking time: 2 hours (Optional and subject to weather conditions).
- Age recommended: From 8 to 75 years old.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you want to take food on the tour, take into account that it will be able to enter in Chile, as long as they are industrialized in their original factory packaging, hermetically sealed and that the labeling allows to identify its content and the required conditions. No fresh food will be allowed.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Due to the degree of effort and difficulty that this excursion presents, it's not allowed for pregnant women, people with overweight (max 110 kgs), some type of disability, or health problems.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 42 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.