- 15 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience some outdoor activity on your visit to El Calafate by participating in this full-day trek to El Chalten in Los Glaciares National Park. Enjoy a range of hiking trails (independently or guided) within this scenic area. You'll be transported by an air-conditioned coach and hotel pickup/drop-off is available for centrally located El Calafate hotels. A boxed lunch and nonalcoholic beverages are also included on this full-day tour to help fuel your adventure.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Lunch Box
- Beverages (non-alcoholic)
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (centrally located hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Guided or self guided trek
- Map of the Trekking Trails
- National Park fees
- Breakfast, snacks, coffee/tea and bottled water (available for purchase)
Pickup from centrally located El Calafate hotels
08:30 - 09:00 hs
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Drop-off at centrally located El Calafate hotels
Following being picked up at your hotel in downtown El Calafate by an air conditioned coach, you'll pass by the mythical Route 40, along the Argentino Lake. You'll listen to your guide's story about Darwin's experiences with Fitz Roy while navigating along the Santa Cruz River.
After 75 minutes, you'll arrive at the former Hotel Paso la Leona, where you will have the option of enjoying some coffee and homemade cakes (at own expense) before continuing your journey. Before reaching El Chalten, you'll take a break at a viewpoint near the Viedma Glacier, with the Fitz Roy and Torre Hills looming in the distance.
When you arrive at El Chalten 3 hours later, you will be welcomed by rangers. You'll then continue on to the starting point of the self-guided hiking trails, where your guide will hand you maps and provide you with advice about different hiking options, based on your physical fitness. You'll be given a boxed lunch to savor during your hike. If you do not wish to hike independent, you can accompany your guide on a trail on their choosing. From May to August, given the low temperatures of the area, lunch will be served in a restaurant
On the afternoon, you'll return to a previously agreed upon meeting point for the return trip to El Calafate
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum 2 adults per booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A large amount of physical activity is involved
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Comfortable walking shoes are mandatory
- If you will not be arriving at your destination within the specified reconfirmation period, please reconfirm with the local service provider prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination. Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.