- 10 to 14 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Escape the hustle and bustle of Buenos Aires and immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the historic Uruguayan town of Colonia del Sacramento. On this day trip, take a short boat ride from Buenos Aires across the Rio de la Plata and enjoy a city sightseeing tour and walking tour of Colonia. Then, enjoy a delicious lunch at a quality restaurant of your choice (own expense) and spend the afternoon exploring the city of Colonia at your leisure.
- All entrance fees included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- City sightseeing tour
- Entry/Admission - Rio de la Plata
- Entry/Admission - Faro de Colonia del Sacramento
Av. Elvira Rawson de Dellepiane 155, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
This is not an exhaustive list, please indicate your hotel address at payment.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tangol, Calle Defensa 831 - San Telmo, Buenos Aires 1005 Argentina
Our Day Trip to Colonia from Buenos Aires by Ferry begins at the ferry port (details above) at 7:15am.
Stop At: Rio de la Plata, Buenos Aires Argentina
Embark on our trip to Colonia at 8:15am. The ferry takes about 2 hours to cross to Uruguay
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Faro de Colonia del Sacramento, de San Francisco, Colonia del Sacramento 70000 Uruguay
Head inside the ferry station and get directions of where to go for a 1-hour sightseeing city tour. Full of old cobblestone streets, rustic buildings and famous landmarks, this historic town has a captivating atmosphere and charm. Then, walk around the city while absorbing the history of Colonia. Admire the beautiful architecture that gives this city its rustic charm – in fact, both Colonia's old and modern architecture are now protected as UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Then, you will be on your own to have lunch. Head to the restaurant of your choice and enjoy a delicious Uruguayan meal (own expense).
After lunch, enjoy free time to explore the city at your leisure. Walk through the streets, visit the local museums, browse the pottery and jewelry shops, or take a stroll along the coast to admire the town’s remarkable beauty.
Duration: 4 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Ferry ride is approximately 1 hour
- Please note: a current valid passport is required to enter Uruguay
- Possession of proper government issued documentation is the responsibility of the passenger. You may require additional documentation to enter Uruguay. A Uruguayan visa may be required for some nationalities; check your home country requirements for entering Uruguay.
- Passport name, number, date of birth, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Note: The city tour may include an English-speaking guide, subject to availability. Please contact the local tour operator upon booking so they can arrange this service for you
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.