- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
After a day of sightseeing in Buenos Aires, end your evening on a high note at a local closed-door restaurant, an exclusive dining trend that's all the rage in Buenos Aires. Argentina is known for its beef, of course, and you can find out why during this 5-course steak dinner at a private house in the popular Palermo district. This authentic Argentine meal is prepared on the grill by Chef Luis, a native Argentine with more than 15 years of experience. Known as an ‘asado,’ this ritual of eating a barbecued meal with a group of friends (or fellow travelers) is a piece of Argentine culture that you don’t want to miss. Wine pairings are included!
- 5-course meal
- 5 boutique wines
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Jerónimo Salguero 1410, C1177AFB CABA, Argentina
Returns to original departure point
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
Buenos Aires' closed-door restaurants, or puertas cerradas, offer you a truly insider look at the city's exciting dining scene. Some of the best chefs in the city, including Chef Luis, are working behind these closed doors, providing a desirable and unforgettable dinner experience for locals and visitors alike.
When you arrive at the private house in Palermo — one of Buenos Aires' most popular barrios, known for its trendy restaurants and bars — meet your hostess, who will show you to your seat. The intimate, private setting of the house is perfect for your asado experience, during which you’ll learn about the ingredients, techniques and rituals that go into this sacred Argentine tradition of eating barbecued meat, drinking wine and socializing with a small group of good friends (or in your case, other travelers who may become good friends before the night is over!).
Before the first course is served, head over to the loft’s parilla (grill), where you can see the grilling in action and ask your host any questions you have about asado cooking techniques. Or, walk over to the loft's floor-to-ceiling windows or step out onto the deck to admire views of the city.
Your 5-course dinner starts with a traditional picada (meat and cheese platter) followed by an ensalada mixta (mixed salad). Then enjoy a third course of grilled starters called achuras, a very authentic part of the asado experience that consists of chorizo and other meats. Finally, dig into the main event, your 12-ounce (350-gram) Argentine steak, grilled to perfection and accompanied by a side of garlic mashed potatoes. A mouthwatering dessert will end your unforgettable dining experience.
Menu (each course is paired with Argentine wine):
• 1st course: Traditional Argentine picada (salamis, cheese and bread)
• 2nd course: Contemporary mixed salad
• 3rd course: Argentine grilled starters (cheese, chorizo, sausage, blood sausage, pork flank steak and sweetbread)
• 4th course: 12-oz (350-gram) steak served right off the grill and accompanied by a side of garlic mashed potatoes and mixed salad; you may choose your grilling preference — rare, medium rare or medium
• 5th course: Dessert (varies by day)
• Wines change daily; possible wineries include Mevi, Carinae, Richardi Fazio Menegazzo and Familio Blanco
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.