- 9 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Operation from August to May.
Duration 9 hours
Trekking on the Ice: about 1.40 minutes
Warning: this excursion, due to the degree of effort and difficulty that presents, is not advisable for the following people: greater of 60 years and minors of 10 years old, pregnant women, people with overweight or some type of disability.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Minitrekking on the Glacier
- Entry/Admission - Puerto Bajo las Sombras - Hielo y Aventura
- Entry/Admission - Perito Moreno Glacier
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission- Perito Moreno Glacier. The ticket must be paid in pesos on the day of the excursion
- Entry/Admission - All Patagonia
- Entry/Admission - Pasarelas Perito Moreno
Traveler pickup is offered
The pick-up for the accommodation is included only for hotels within El Calafate. The pick-up is not included BandB or private homes. In this case, they must present themselves at the Hielo and Aventura offices, at the time indicated on the day before the excursion. Exact pick up time will be informed one day before the excursion.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: All Patagonia
The excursion begins with the pick up from the hotels in El Calafate city, and goes through the Provincial Road N°11 to the Perito Moreno Glacier area, after traveling 75 km.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pasarelas Perito Moreno, El Calafate, Province of Santa Cruz, Patagonia
Once at the National Park, the bus takes you to the balconies and the guide is going to be waiting for you, to inform about the different trails. There, you’ll be free to walk along.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Puerto Bajo las Sombras - Hielo y Aventura
A bus from the company will take you to Bajo las Sombras pier, about 6 km far from the balconies, where you embark for a 20 minutes navigation across the Brazo Rico, enjoying breathtaking views of the glacier’s front walls and the Canal de los Témpanos (Icebergs Channel).
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Perito Moreno Glacier, Los Glaciares National Park, Province of Santa Cruz, Patagonia
After checking the last details, groups of 20 follow their guides along the lake’s shore towards the edge of the glacier.
Once on the ice, the guides put each participant a pair of crampons on, and explain how to use them.
You will receive explanations about flora, fauna and general glaciology of the region, and also about the particular phenomenon that happens in the Perito Moreno Glacier and eventually produces its rupture.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 10 years old.
- Limitations: This excursion, due to the degree of difficulty and effort required, it only suitable for people from 10 to 65 years old. - People who are overweight should not participate. We consider as such those that exceed the following criteria: weight in kg greater than twice the height in cm minus 100 (for example, for a height of 1.70m: 170 minus 100 = 70 x 2 = 140)
- People with any degree or type of physical or mental disability that affects their attention, progress and / or coordination
- People whose cardiac or vascular capacities are diminished, or use stents, pacemakers or other prostheses; (for example: medicated with anticoagulants, grade III varices - those that are thick and multiple -, cardiac arrhythmias)
- People suffering from diseases that provoke respiratory disabilities (COPD, asthma, emphysema, etc.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.