- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Kayak and hike along the La Leona River on this 8.5-hour tour. After kayaking for approximately an hour, we will stop for a hike of two hours where we can see petrified trees and dinosurs bones. After lunch we go back into our kayak to continue paddling throught the wildest patagonia steppe.
- Small-group tour
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Led by a local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up in all hotels, hostels, airb&b in Calafate and we can drop off at the airport at the end of the trip after 4.15 pm.
Returns to original departure point
Note: If you have your departure flight after 5.30 pm, we can drop you off at the airport when we are coming back form the excursion around 4 pm
You will be picked up at approximately 7:30am at your hotel, and the transfer to the river takes about one hour . You will receive all the equipment that you need as well as a safety training to prepare you for kayaking adventure.
After that we start paddling the first 8 km for approximately one hour, learning about the geology, flora and fauna and enjoying the river. We stop for a hike and lunch at a spot with amazing views.
Head back onto the river to kayak for another 6 km, hour and 20 minutes learning about the geological formations and the steppe vegetation. At the end of this kayaking session, you will be picked up and returned to your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 12 years
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- You must bring: Box lunch, hiking shoes, long sleeved shirt, light coat and shorts or leggings.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.