- 14 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Take a drive on the iconic Tren a las Nubes (Train to the Clouds). Experience the combination of routes by bus and train and enjoy the Andean landscapes and culture, while benefiting the local and tourist development of the regions of the Quebrada and Puna. Offering exclusive attraction, the train journey from San Antonio de los Cobres to the famous La Polvorilla viaduct is a must!
This full-day tour includes transportation from your hotel in Salta to the Salta Station, Bus Ride to San Antonio de los Cobres and the ticket to the Tren a las Nubes (Train to the Clouds).
- Family friendly
- Hotel pickup included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Round-trip from the City of Salta to the Train Station by bus
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Salta, Salta, Province of Salta, Northern Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
This is not an exhausted hotel list. If you do not see your location here, please indicated where are going to stay.
Returns to original departure point
A private vehicle will pick you up from your hotel in Salta around 6am to take you to the meeting point.
Meet at Plaza Antofagasta at 6:15am, in front of the SaltaTrain Station. Here all the passengers will do the check-in with tickets and passports. Once everyone is registered and seated inside the bus, the journey begins.
At 7:35am, your first photographic stop is in Campo Quijano, located 18.5 miles (30 kilometers) from the capital. Return to the bus at 8:05am, and make the second stop at Viaducto del Toro, located on the Quebrada.
Continue on and stop at El Alfarcito, a place where the tradition of local handicrafts is kept alive. Enjoy a country breakfast, and visit the craft fair. Also we will be visiting the Father Chifri Fundation, an organization that helps to obtain resources and provides education and training to local people.
This will be our last stop before arriving at San Antonio de los Cobres, a town at the foot of the Terciopelo Hill. Arriving at 11:40am, go to the train station and embark on the emblematic Train to the Clouds.
At 12pm, start the train ride, and experience the beauty of nature, stillness, and immensity. Onboard there is bar service, postal service, and merchandising to make this trip an enjoyment and an unforgettable memory.
Around 1pm, arrive to the Viaduct of Polvorilla, the most recognized bridge of the area. Here, descend from the train and have 30 minutes to tour the place and take incredible photos.
Get back on the train and start the return to San Antonio de los Cobres, arriving at the station around 2:45 pm. Here we will have two hours of free time where we can tour the town, experience different activities with the native communities, among them, you can visit the Craft Market, create a clay pot with your own hands, or make a trekking with llamas (optional, not included). Also, it is the ideal time to enjoy lunch (not included).
Around 4:30 pm, go back on board the bus and start our return. After an hour's drive, make our last stop in the village of Santa Rosa de Tastil, where one of the largest archaeological sites in our country is located. It is estimated that it hosted 3,000 people approximately.
After this 20-minute stop, begin the final section of our trip, arriving at the city of Salta around 8:15pm.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions because of extreme heights
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 4 years
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.