- 1 hour (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
The Teatro Colón (Colón Theater) in Buenos Aires is one of the most important opera houses in the world. Its rich and prestigious history and its exceptional acoustics and architectural features rank it among theaters such as Teatro alla Scala in Milan, the Paris Opera House and the Vienna State Opera.
This pre-booked ticket includes a guided tour of the theater facilities, including the great hall, the Main Foyer, the Gallery of Busts and the Golden Hall, while an experienced guide explains the details of the architecture, the construction of the venue, the most important artists that performed at the theater, and more extraordinary facts that gave shape to the history of the place.
- All entrance fees included
- Ideal choice for families
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Guided tour to the theater
- Bilingual guide
- Entry/Admission - Teatro Colon
- Souvenirs (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Concludes at the theater
Visit: Teatro Colon, Calle Cerrito 628, Buenos Aires C1010AAN Argentina
The Colón operated in its first venue from 1857 until 1888, after which the building was closed for the construction of a new house. The new improved house opened on May 25th 1908 with a performance of Aïda.
Throughout the history of the theatre, no artist of importance of the 20th century has failed to appear on its stage. It's enough to mention singers such as Maria Callas, Plácido Domingo and Luciano Pavarotti, dancers such as Vaslav Nijinski, Mijail Barishnikov, among dozens of others.
Finally, as of the year 2010, the Teatro Colón boasts a building restored to all its original glory, giving an air of distinction to its productions.
All these reasons are what make the Colón Theater a pride of the Argentinian culture and a standard for opera, ballet and classical music across the world.
You can't miss the opportunity to take this guided tour inside the spectacular venue. Once inside the theater, exchange you ticket with your tour guide and join a small group of visitors to go behind the scenes of the Colon. You will be able to visit the Hall, the Main Foyer, the Gallery of Busts and the Golden Hall. Finish the tour inside the magnificent theater, visiting the stalls and the ground floor.
You won't forget this 50-minutes tour through the secrets and details of this world renown venue.
Important Information: You will receive the Teatro Colon ticket on your email after confirming your booking. Teatro Colon will not accept your Viator-TripAdvisor voucher, an email will be sent to you with the attraction ticket as an attachment.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- We will send an admission ticket by email after confirming your booking. You MUST print this ticket in order to take the guided tour. Viator-TripAdvisor vouchers are not allowed and tickets are not refundable.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible (without access to the foyer).
- Minimum age is 5
- Maximum 5 travelers per booking
- Dress code is casual
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.