- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
This full-day tour takes you horseback riding in the Uco Valley, located in the middle of the Andes mountain range. Discover a unique Argentine landscape from the foothills of the Cordón del Plata (Silver Cord), and follow your experienced guide on a 3.5-hour ride while magnificent condors fly above. Enjoy breakfast at Quebrada del Condor (Condor’s Gorge) and complete your tour with a barbecue lunch. Round-trip hotel transport by minivan from Mendoza is included. Numbers are limited to 12 people, ensuring a personalized experience with a small group.
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Local bilingual guide
- Use of all necessary equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up is only from hotels located in Mendoza city area. If you are staying in an Airbnb or if you didn't select hotel pick up please contact us to coordinate the nearest meeting point.
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Your tour begins in the morning with hotel pickup in Mendoza. Aboard your comfortable minivan, drive through Villa Potrerillos, a village located 45 minutes away. You’ll continue up to Quebrada del Condor, stopping at the panoramic viewpoint of Mirador de la Hoyada en route.
Approximately two hours after leaving Mendoza you’ll reach the gorge, where a traditional Argentine breakfast is served to your small group.
Once your guide offers a safety briefing and some instruction, settle onto your sturdy horse — bred for stamina over mountainous terrain — and follow along the rugged trail. Your 3.5-hour horseback ride starts at the foot of the Cordón del Plata, an Andean mountain range in the Uco Valley. Amid this breathtaking landscape of snowcapped peaks, wildlife abounds. Keep a lookout for llamas, foxes, hares, condors and other incredible birds throughout your horseback ride.
In the middle of the journey, stop for a break at the shore of a creek to enjoy an infusion of mate, a popular drink made from yerba mate leaves steeped in hot water. Then saddle up and follow ancient paths until your small group reaches a viewpoint. From 9,185 feet (2,800 meters) above sea level, you’ll appreciate the magnificent scenery, including the Cordón del Plata ridge and the Potrerillos Valley.
At the completion of your horseback ride in the late afternoon, dismount to enjoy an authentic Argentine asado (barbecue) for lunch.
Your full-day tour ends with return transport by minivan to your hotel in Mendoza.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Maximum number per group is 12 people
- Passport name, number, expiry, date of birth and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.