- 12 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Take a thrilling trek across Perito Moreno glacier on this once-in-a-lifetime full-day trip from El Calafate. Travel into beautiful Los Glaciares National Park by air-conditioned coach, cruise across Lake Argentino and hike to the glacier for an unforgettable 4-hour trek. Ogle the glacier’s massive front wall, put on your crampons, and immerse yourself in its spectacular, silent beauty as you trek over the ice with your expert guide. Discover crevasses, waterfalls and caves on route, and stop to enjoy your own packed lunch on the ice before heading back.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip transport by air-conditioned coach
- Guided trek
- Trekking equipment including crampons
- Professional guide
- Boat ride across Lake Argentino
- Entry/Admission - Lago Argentino
- Entry/Admission - Perito Moreno Glacier
- Entry/Admission - Pasarelas Perito Moreno
- Food and drinks (you must bring your own)
- Entrance fee to Los Glaciares National Park. The National Park fee can only be pay at the entrance of the park with Argentinian Pesos (ARS $ 600). Prices subject to change without notice.
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional Los Glaciares
Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not included on the list, please, add it at the time of booking. If your hotel is outside the pick up area, a meeting point will be assigned.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tangol El Calafate, Cmte. Tomas Espora 10, El Calafate Z9405BWB Argentina
Start the tour with the pick up from your hotel, located in the City of El Calafate.
Stop At: Parque Nacional Los Glaciares, Avenida Del Libertador 1302, El Calafate Z9405AHY Argentina
The National Park includes a scenario of mountains, lakes and forests, a large portion of the Andes Mountains covered with ice and snow to the west and the arid Patagonian steppe to the east. By his magnificent natural beauty, it constitutes a wonder in the world, and was declared "World Heritage" by UNESCO in 1981.
Duration: 9 hours
Stop At: Lago Argentino, El Calafate Argentina
Once in the “Bajo las Sombras” Port, located just 7km from the Glacier, you board a ship to cross the Brazo Rico of the lake.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Perito Moreno Glacier, Los Glaciares National Park Argentina
In the South area of the National Park, it is the most famous of all the glaciers, the Perito Moreno Glacier. It owes its fame to its continuous movement, which produces a cyclical phenomenon of ongoing advance and retreat with spectacular falls of gigantic blocks of ice into the waters.
Always accompanied by expert guides, you will explore the corners of the most special glacier of the world.
During the walk, the guides will help you learn more about the ice, its surroundings and you will be able to size the dimension of the glacier and enjoy the view of the nearby mountains. In addition, you will have half an hour to have lunch over the white blanket and be amazed in a place of unique beauty.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Pasarelas Perito Moreno, Parque Nacional Los Glaciares, El Calafate 9405 Argentina
Follow the boardwalks to strategically placed viewing platforms to witness the glacier from all angles and levels, and admire the surrounding mountain and forest scenery.
For close-up views of Perito’s south face, visit the footbridge directly in front of the glacier. Marvel at the craggy 196-foot (60 meter) high front wall, with its meringue-like peaks and cliffs soaring over the lake’s waters. Take close-up photos and listen for the eerie creaks that precede the regular calving — when chunks of ice rupture and fall into the lake in a crashing spectacle.
Duration: 2 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Maximum age is 45 years
- You must bring your own snacks, boxed lunch and drinks
- Comfortable sportswear, long trousers, warm sweater or pile, water or windproof jacket, sun glasses, sun block and gloves are recommended
- A good level of fitness is required
- Date of birth, passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for ALL participants
- Important: You will need to fill out a medical form for all passengers before your tour. The local tour operator (Tangol) will contact you in order to do this.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
One of the best excursions I've been on....in the world. This is a very unique experience to trek across the glacier for three hours. Saw ice caves large enough to walk in, waterfalls, and lakes...all in the middle of the glacier. We had three very knowledgeable guides who always put our safety first and kept eyes on the group. The lead guide spoke English well and with the small group size it was easy to catch all of the educational details about the glacier. The crampons are very basic and rudimentary. With the way they strap to your feet, it is better to wear hiking boots since they are sturdier. Breathtaking views up close of the ice wall where the glacier meets the lake. Listen carefully and you can hear pieces cracking and see them calving!
This was a fantastic trip. It is a long day - but ever moment is memorable. From the climb from the boat through to lunch on the glacier, this is a day filled with experiences that I will never forget.
Awesome tour, the glacier is amazing. Be ready to hike, 5 hours total and about 3 1/2hrs on the glacier itself. Weather conditions are variable so check forecast and bring a little more than you need. They have a storage area after the boat ride, so you can lighten your load for the hike itself. Dont forget glovesice is sharp on hands, sunglasses and sunscreen. And bring snacks as lunch is at 2pm. Definitely worth the money.
The guide on the bus was very informative as were the guides on the glacier hike who gave you the basics to ensure you could use your crampons and to make the most of your experience on the glacier.
This is the famous Ice Trek -- very well-run company. Everything went very smoothly from the pickup at 7am to the drop off at 7pm. They've obviously done this tour a million times and have honed every part of it. It was surreal to be walking around the ice field for 4 hours really cold, wear hiking boots, I wore running shoes and it was a bit painful with the crampons. Great experience and highly recommend it through Viator -- we got a much better price that through the actual company.