- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
The most encompassing full day tour in Ushuaia. This is a full day journey into the almost uninhabited, peaceful lands of the first "estancia" in Tierra del Fuego: Harberton Ranch. Among many wild and pristine places, we will visit the penguin rookery at Martillo island. The plan for the day is quite active: we will go hiking, navigating, and rowing in inflatable canoes on the Beagle Channel! Gable Island is one of the wildest and most beautiful places in Tierra del Fuego.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
Exclusively from hotels located in Ushuaia.
• Cruise passengers cannot join this regular tour, and must choose a private service instead, so as to accommodate to the cruise's schedule.
8am to 8:30am from hotels
Returns to original departure point
We leave at 8 AM from your hotel and we get back there around 6 PM. After a 1 ½ hours vehicle ride through the forest, we will reach the starting point of the canoeing activity. Wearing rubber boots, over pants and life-jackets provided by us and after a safety and technique briefing, we start a canoeing adventure on the Beagle Channel! Along the way we may encounter wildlife: we will see lots of birds, and it is not unusual to find sea lions sunbathing in little islands.
We will also sail on a motorboat to reach the pristine Gable Island, the biggest in the Beagle Channel and the one we chose for showing you this end of the world. After a hot meal, with drinks included, we'll find out about the way of living of the Yamana people and their environment, along a hike that offers an unforgettable panoramic view of the Beagle Channel.
On our navigation back to Harberton, we will dock our small boat on Martillo Island’s beach, where we'll watch penguins in their breeding lair from very, very close: a distance of just 4 or 5 meters. We will be back in Ushuaia slightly past 6 PM.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Cruise passengers cannot join this regular tour, and must choose a private service instead, so as to accommodate to the cruise's schedule.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.