- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Take a day trip from Buenos Aires to the colonial city of La Plata, the capital of the province of Buenos Aires. Enjoy exploring the architecture, culture and religion of the city and learn about the history of this colonial town from your bilingual guide. Visit the Natural Science Museum, the Cathedral of La Plata (one of the largest churches in Argentina), the Teatro Argentino de La Plata and much more!
- All entrance fees included
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- City tour of La Plata
- English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Gray Line Argentina
Av. Pres. Manuel Quintana 596, C1129ABO CABA, Argentina
Traveler pickup is offered
Tour departs from most Buenos Aires hotels
1: Metrobus - Peron, C1009 Buenos Aires, Argentina
2: Galerías Pacífico, Av. Córdoba 550, C1054 CABA, Argentina
3: Puerto Madero, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Wednesday and Saturday
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gray Line Argentina, Buenos Aires 1426 Argentina
Discover the city of La Plata on this day trip from Buenos Aires! Explore the capital of the province of Buenos Aires with your local, bilingual guide. After pickup from your Buenos Aires hotel, depart on a 35-mile (57-km) ride to La Plata.
Visit the Cathedral of La Plata, one of the largest churches in Argentina. Inspired by European cathedrals, the Cathedral of La Plata is located near the center of the city, making it one of the most prominent structures in the city. Continue exploring and make your way to the National University of La Plata, where you'll visit the Natural Science Museum. Home to over 2 million artifacts, your guide will show you around and teach you about some of the objects collected at the museum, including ancient dinosaur fossils from Patagonia.
Then, head to the astronomical observatory, where you’ll learn intriguing facts about the stars and galaxies. Next, visit the Teatro Argentino de La Plata, home to one of Argentina's leading opera houses. Tour the theater and take a behind-the-scenes look at where the performers prepare before going on stage. After a day of exploring, enjoy a relaxing drive back to your hotel in Buenos Aires.
Duration: 4 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- NOTE: Tour does not pickup from Palermo district hotels
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.