- 14 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Starting with a pickup in an air-conditioned vehicle from your centrally located El Calafate hotel, this 14-hour full day excursion will give you the chance to experience Torres del Paine National Park, without having to stay there overnight.
Once at the National Park, you will board on a 4 WD vehicle to see all of the park's highlights such as the Salto Grande Waterfall, Cuernos del Paine, Nordenskjold Lake, Sarmiento Lake, just to name a few.
A boxed lunch, bottled water, and drop off back at your El Calafate hotel are all included in the price.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Bottled water
- Boxed Lunch
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- National Park Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Torres del Paine National Park
Traveler pickup is offered
Centrally located El Calafate Hotels. If your hotel is not on the list, please, provide it at the time of booking.
Tour ends with drop-off at your hotel
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: El Calafate, Santa Cruz Province, Argentina
Our guide will pick you up from your hotel located in the City Centre. Please, provide the hotel name at the time of booking.
Take into account that this is an adventure excursion with the purpose of getting to know the mountainous region of Torres del Paine National Park in one day. We will travel a total of 700 km.. The trip to the park takes 3.5 hours one way and 3.5 hours back plus border customs. The estimated time touring inside the Park is 6 hours.
Stop At: Torres del Paine National Park Chile
- Sarmiento de Gamboa Lake (viewpoint)
- Amarga Lagoon
- Paine River waterfalls
- Panoramic stop with descent of 15 minutes at the Superior Viewpoint of Nordenskjold Lake (Panoramic of the Horns)
- Salto Grande (50 minute walk), if the weather is adequate, we will continue with a 1 hours walk towards Lake Nordenskjold to appreciate the Cuernos del Paine.
- Pehoé Lake, panoramic view of the horns
Duration: 6 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Passengers must provide the following information at the time of the booking, otherwise, the booking won't be confirmed: Full name, passport number, nationality, date of birth.
- Border crossing times may vary depending on current traffic. Each passenger is responsible for carrying the documentation required for crossing the border
- Entrance fee to the park must be paid in Chilean Pesos or US Dollars. Please, take the cash with you.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- It is forbidden to enter Chile with vegetables or animal products
- The lunch will be outdoors. It case of bad weather, lunch will be inside the vehicle.
- It is highly recommended that passengers have the appropriate clothing for outdoor activities: waterproof jacket, fleece, trekking shoes, cap, sunglasses, small backpack.
- In the event of extreme weather that does not allow passengers to get out of the vehicle, the guide may make changes to the itinerary
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
I will say all the inaccuracies of this trip and especially on the "What to expect" section. 1) The tour is organised by Always Glacieres, a local El Calafate tour company. Viator is using Tangol and Tangol is using this local company.2) The bus did not have air condition.3) We did not start at 5:30 but the bus goes to each hotel starting at 6:20 am and they picked us after around 7:10 am. As a result, we arrived at the borders around 12:30. 4) We had to wait for quite a while in the borders and then there was a stop in a place with souvenirs (15 minutes) that you can exchange the money. This probably is the town Cerro Castillo but you don't meet the locals or is anything more than a stop for making Chilean pesos.5) All the following stops that we did, like the Lake Sarmiento and the Laguna Amarga, lasted 5 minutes and there was one more stop for 10 minutes where they had to pay the entrance with the collected money and we mainly waited in the bus. Finally, there was one more stop to see the last lake.6) Next was the trekking, we arrived there at 14:35 and I remember that because they said you have 45' minutes to go to the Salto Grande. When I asked the guy that the plan says 2 hours trekking showing the plan from Tangol and Viator, he told me that he is doing this trip the last 10 years and it is always the same. So we could not go for 2 hours hike but only for 45 minutes.7) The final stop is on the island where some people have paid extra for lunch there and you probably want to spent the time looking at the view outside. This was for 50 minutes.8) The boxed lunch is a ham and cheese sandwich with a bottle of water, a couple of sweets and it is definitely not enough for the whole day...9) After this stop you start the return trip to El Calafate. Another annoying thing is that we waited for 20 minutes in the bus for the people coming to join us in the bus and travel from Chile to El Calafate.10) We never changed bus for the Torres Del Paine park.11) Conclusion less than 2 hours nice stops (I include the lunch stop as the view was beautiful from there) and 14 hours of bus service or waiting for other people/border control.Torres del Paine is beautiful but the day trip is a bad idea.When we informed Viator for all these inconsistencies, they did not even change the description and they continue to use the same suppliers and try to sell a tour with lies. They also declined a partial refund for that.
Torres del Paine is beautiful and our tour guide was great, very knowledgeable. The tour included a very nice lunch in a beautiful location, much better than I expected.
The down side is that you are touring a beautiful area in a large tour bus with 30 people. If I had more time, I would have spent more time and done more hiking and camping. That being said, if you are short on time or less fit, this is an incredible way to see Torres del Paine!