- 9 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
In this program, visit the most important Magellan’s Penguin Reservation of Latin America. It combines the magnificent experience of the observation of dolphins and penguins in their natural habitat. Punta Tombo is one of the most famous and visited coasts in the Argentinean Patagonia. Thousands of visitors gather here to be amazed at one of the most fascinating shows in nature: the Magellan penguin continental colony.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Hotel pickup included
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Round-trip navigation (only in the Toninas Watching option)
- Entrance fee for Punta Tombo
- Cruise Port pickup and drop-off
Centrally located Puerto Madryn hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Daily from september to april
The first stop is in the Rawson's Port at Playa Unión where you'll embark to observe the Overas Toninas (optional). The Overa Toninas are recognized for their similarity to the dolphins. They are no longer than a meter and a half. Puerto Rawson is one of the few places in the world where they can be observed in their natural habitat. These daring species usually escort ships, playing and showing their skills to the visitors who have the possibility to watch the spectacle. The navigation lasts approximately an hour and a half.
Once you've returned to land, you'll have free time to buy your lunch (optional, at your own expense) or you are able to take your own box lunch. As there are 150km between Playa Union and Punta Tombo, lunch will be on board.
Later, you'll go to Punta Tombo, a geographical accident that Magellan's penguin uses as habitat (entrance fee not included). At this stop, you'll have the chance to watch penguins in their own habitat as they scurry and play on the rocks. There, you'll have time to observe how the penguins coexist on the coast with other species, such as Gulls, Skúas, Giant Petrels, Cormorants, Ostreros and Pato Vapor and, given the extension of the area, typical species of the steppe like Guanacos, Choiques, Maras and Grey Foxes. You'll spend approximately an hour and a half at this stop.
As the sun is setting behind the water you'll return to Puerto Madryn.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The stop at Playa Unión is subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be able to stay longer at Punta Tombo, main stop of this tour and you will be given a full refund of the Toninas navigation in case you payed for this option.
- Cruise Passengers are not allowed to take this tour
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.