- 378 to 480 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Accompanied by a mountain guide for a 16 km trek, you will visit the best views of the Piedras Blancas Glacier and the imposing Fitz Roy Mountain; The ideal route to visit the unforgettable El Chalten!
- Box Lunch (starter, main course and desert)
- Professional Mountain guide
- Round-trip Transfer from our office in Chalten to El Pilar
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Lago del Desierto 296, El Chalten, Santa Cruz, Argentina
Returns to original departure point
During this tour, you will enjoy the beautiful views of the Río de las Vueltas, the Fitz Roy Mountain and the flora and fauna of the place.
11.00am you will meet your guide at Pudu Lodge Hostel and together, with the rest of the group, you will take a bus that will transfer you to El Pilar (approximately 12km).
Once you get there, around 12.00pm, you will start the 16 km trek bordering the Río Blanco. Approximately an hour later, and after going through beautiful lengas and ñire forests, you will reach the Piedras Blancas glacier overlook where you will have an incredible frontal view of the glacier.
You will continue for about 30 minutes, until you reach one of the best views of the extraordinary Fitz Roy Mountain.
Approximately at 2 pm you will be reaching the Poincenot campsite where you will have a hot and comforting lunch waiting for you.*
At 3.00pm you will start your descend back to Chalten through a trail that will take you to Laguna Capri and the Madsen house overlook. The arrival to Chalten will be around 5.30pm.
The tour includes a snack and a hot lunch with entrance, main course and dessert inside a camp expedition.
11.00am Meeting at Pudu Lodge and transfer to the Pillar
12:00pm: Beginning of trekking
1:00pm: Piedras Blancas Glacier Viewpoint
1.30pm: View at the foot of Mount Fitz Roy
2.00pm: Lunch at camp Poincenot
3.30pm: Start of the descent
5.00pm: arrive at Mirador Estancia Madsen
5.30pm: Arrive at El Chalten - Hosteria Pudu Lodge.
• Sunglasses, sunscreen, comfortable shoes, warm clothes and a waterproof jacket.
• Using a backpack is important to take all your personal items.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Although the physical requirement for this trekking activity is intermediate, we do not recommend this for people under 12 years old nor for people who have some mobility impairment when walking.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved: 16 km
- EQUIPMENT RECOMMENDATIONS
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, comfortable shoes, warm clothes and a waterproof jacket.
- Using a backpack is important to take all your personal items.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.