- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
08:00am Departure from El Chalten (Pick up from Hotel between 08:00 / 08:15hrs )
08:45am Meeting Time at Los Huemules Visitor Centre
09:00am Trekking begins
10:30am Meeting at Laguna del Diablo trails, with participants coming from PUESTO CAGLIERO & walk up to the Via Ferrata Area
12:00pm Via Ferrata path up to the Glacier
01:00pm Ice Trekking Cagliero Glacier
03:00pm Return the same way up to Los Huemules Visitor Centre.
05:30pm End of activity and transfer to El Chalten. Arrival 18:30pm
- Professional guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
The activity starts at 9:00 a.m. In the Visitor Center of Ea. Los Huemules.
We will hike for 2 hours approximately through a lenga forest on a well maintained trail, reaching to Laguna Diablo ( 770mts. above sea level
The second part of the activity takes place outside Ea. Los Huemules, on a private property: Campo Gorra Blanca.
This part consists of skirting the northern margin of Laguna Diablo though an irregular terrain until reaching the beginning of a “VIA FERRATA” (rock climbing sectors of little difficulty that have previously been prepared with Steel wires and artificial steps, so that the passengers can move autonomously and self-secured with specially designed harnesses and belts).
Before the beginning of this section, guides will provide the tourists the necessary equipment. Briefing on how to use the materials and make their safety way through the VIA FERRATA.
As they get on, the crossing becomes more and more fun, turning this part of the activity into a tour itself. The overwhelming views of the Laguna Diablo and its homonymous valley get more stunning, step by step. It’s a 1km course, time will depend on the group conditions.
After an hour walk we reach to Mirador del Glaciar ( Glacier Viewpoint ). Facing north we can appreciate the unexplored Glacier Cagliero Sur (950 msm), that for years was kept nonmelted thanks to its orientation and the accumulation of snow coming from Neumayer, Cagliero and Loma del Diablo mountain. Facing south we will see the vertical walls of Cerro Treinta Aniversario.
ICE:(2hours on the glacier + 3 hours way back)
From the viewpoint, a short walk takes us to the front of the Glacier front where the guides provide and fix the crampons to each tourist. The average stay on the glacier will be 2 hours aprox, depending on the climate conditions and the physical level of the group. If the weather is good, lunch will be taken on the Glacier.
The return will be the same way, arriving to el Chalten at 06:30pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.